We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scotturb 1 day pass - Worth it?

Level Contributor
101 posts
Scotturb 1 day pass - Worth it?

Heading to Sintra in about a week. Question: I will be visiting Pena palace, Castelo de Mouros, and Quinta da Regaleira. So I will need to use bus 434 and 435. In this case, is the 1 day pass worth it or should I just pay the driver the 4 euro one way trip every time I enter the bus? Just from doing the math I'd probably have to pay more than 15 euros for all the times I will be stepping on and off the bus. Is this correct? want to confirm.

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
25,148 posts
57 reviews
1. Re: Scotturb 1 day pass - Worth it?

In this case, is the 1 day pass worth it - no.

If you are coming from Lisbon then you have for a similar value the train& bus ticket https:/…train-bus-ticket

If you already have zapping from Lisbon for the train then at bus 434 you pay 6.90€ for the roundtrip (up and down and with the possibility of exiting at the castle, reenter to Pena and reenter to go down.

To Regaleira, unless you have a lot of problems walking, I don't tink that the bus is the best option due to the traffic changes. To return to Sintra now bus 435 has to do a loop of about 8kms (going to Monserrate, Colares and then back to Sintra).

Level Contributor
101 posts
2. Re: Scotturb 1 day pass - Worth it?

Ah yes I am coming from Lisbon. Does that cover the entire route from Lisbon to Sintra plus the 434 and 435 busses?

Thanks,

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
25,148 posts
57 reviews
3. Re: Scotturb 1 day pass - Worth it?

The train&bus ticket? Yes, it covers.

Level Contributor
101 posts
4. Re: Scotturb 1 day pass - Worth it?

Great! Question: I am staying at altis Belem hotel. Best way to get there seems to be to bus to b do calhariz dear benefica and then get on the sintra line from there. Can I use the viva viagrem pass to bus to benefica and then purchase the bus and train pass at the benefica station to load on my card and take it from there? Round trip to sintra and back to benefica covered plus the 434 and 435 buses?

Edited: 02 September 2018, 23:06
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
25,148 posts
57 reviews
5. Re: Scotturb 1 day pass - Worth it?

Can I use the viva viagrem pass to bus to benefica and then purchase the bus and train pass at the benefica station to load on my card and take it from there? No, because your card will not be empty. You'll have to get a new vivaViagem card.

Reply to: Scotturb 1 day pass - Worth it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sintra
Recent Conversations