We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strategy for day trip to Sintra

Level Contributor
558 posts
6 reviews
Strategy for day trip to Sintra

We are trying to see the following sites.

1. Pena palace (930-7)

2. Moorish castle (930-8)

3. Quinta de Regaleria (10-8PM)

4. National palace (930-7PM)

5. Monserrate palace (930-7)

It's a little ambitious obviously and we might have to drop #4 or #5. However, we don't mind taking taxis as it'll likely help a lot.

I was thinking of being at Pena Palace at 930 and visit Pena and then Moorish castle. Figure we'd be done visiting Moorish castle by noon, take a taxi to national palace and visit. Grab lunch around 130-2 or so. Then take a taxi to Quinta de Regaleria and another taxi to Monserrate. It'll make for a full day. Probably be done closer 6-7PM. Then a taxi back to Lisbon.

Is this do-able with the help of the taxis?

14 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
558 posts
6 reviews
11. Re: Strategy for day trip to Sintra

So can I use uber to come pick me up from monserrate?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
76 posts
30 reviews
12. Re: Strategy for day trip to Sintra

When you say 'bus' do you mean the hop on hop off?

Kenmore, Washington
Level Contributor
165 posts
4 reviews
13. Re: Strategy for day trip to Sintra

I trying to plan similar route. Please advise if this make sense.

1. Pena palace

2. Quinta de Regaleria

3. Monserrate palace

I have online tickets for Pena. Visit it first. Bus #434. After finishing take # 434 (or taxi /Uber?) to center and take bus #435 to Monserrate. Or it makes sense to take taxi directly to Monserrate? How much it would be? After done with Monserrate take bus to Regaleria. After walk to center. Is it good plan. Please advise.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
113 reviews
14. Re: Strategy for day trip to Sintra

mike,i haven't caught bus 435 since it changed it's route but it doesn't go from monserrate to regaleira anymore,only the other way round(from regaleira to monserrate) so if you decide to visit pena palace first then take the bus back to all but the center regaleira is a 15 minute walk away.

Reply to: Strategy for day trip to Sintra
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sintra