We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fatima

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
fatima

want to go to fatima for full day --what is the best tour company to go with?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,941 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fatima

How about the regular long distance buses? There's about one every hour www.rede-expressos.pt

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fatima

would prefer guided tour

Homestead Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fatima

I do not know if they are the best, but our experience with them has been quite satisfactory in the past, we found them to be very professional and friendly and extremely knowledgeable and informative about the sites you will see. Try contacting lisbon@toptentours.eu We are booked again with them for our fall stop in Lisbon, we liked them so much.

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
37 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fatima

Try Alex at TopTen Tours. He gave us a day trip in a private car last November to Sintra, Cascais and thru center city Lisbon. And I know he gives day tours to Fatima as well. He is educated and very knowledgeable, knows how to get around in traffic and speaks fluent English. He will tailor the trip for whatever duration and destination you wish, and will give suggestions for sights and restaurants. We recommend him to all our friends who go there. Checkout the Website: www.toptentours.eu

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fatima

many thanks for your information

New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fatima

I don't recommend you go to Fatima by bus on your own. I did it two weeks ago and although I managed to get there, it wasn't easy. The bus terminal in Lisbon (Sete Rios) isn't easy to find and it was even harder to find the correct bus. We almost missed it because I couldn't figure out what platform. The ticket gives the bus company name and the route number but not the platform or gate.

And once you get to Fatima, it's not clear where to go to find the Basilica, so you have to ask someone (not easy if you don't speak Portuguese) Then you have to walk along a dusty road with heavy construction on one side. The sidewalk on the right is unpassable because of the construction and the other side is blocked in parts with parked cars forcing you to walk in the street itself at times.

Moreover, once you get to the place, everything is written in Portuguese so if you want to light a candle, you may have a hard time figuring out where to get the candle and what to do with it. And the town itself appears to be Portuguese only, menus, shops, etc. Again making it hard for an English speaker on his own.

And lastly, on the return trip to Lisbon, our bus was 25 minutes late and I was getting very nervous we would be stranded in Fatima which was seriously like a ghost town. Whenever a bus pulled into the Fatima bus station the station clerk would announce it in a muffled voice in Portuguese which sounded like this “chisha duashibktshtshka tskistaka.” When she wasn’t making unintelligible announcements, she was on a cell phone and ignored me when I tried to make inquiries.

I am fairly fluent in Brazilian Portuguese, but I found this Fatima journey to be arduous and if I had to do it again, I would go on a tour with a guide.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fatima

many thanks i totally agree with you that is why i am looking for a good tour plus giide which i think i may have found.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
41 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fatima

Hi,

Pedro of Lisbon Taxis provided my relatives a personal guided tour of Fatima last February. I would highly recommend the excellent service based on my mother's and grandmother's feedback.

Please refer to http://lisbontaxis.com.pt/ or PM me for his phone number.

I will definitely use Lisbon Taxis' service for my planned visit at the end of the year.

Cheers.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
41 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fatima

FYI here is the thread to the very comprehensive and helpful tips from the other travelers: tripadvisor.co.uk/…39095483

I am very grateful for their help so just passing on the information.

Kind regards.

Dublin
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: fatima

This sounds great have you a name and number?