We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber to Guincho beach

CAMBRIDGE
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Uber to Guincho beach

Intending to take Uber to Guincho in next couple of days. Is phone network good enough there to book the return Uber when we’re ready? Being from UK I’m used to areas being out of network! Also would you suggest dropping at Muchaxo or Bar do Guincho end? Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
25,016 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uber to Guincho beach

You know that there are buses going there? Bus#403, one per hour till 7pm and Bus#405 also one per hour till 7:50pm.

dropping at Muchaxo or Bar do Guincho - what do you want to do there? For me it's irrelevant where to do the drop-off... Yes, sometimes the network doesn't work, it's a very windy area and you have the litle mountain of Sintra on the back.

Cascais, Portugal
Level Contributor
472 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uber to Guincho beach

Calling a taxi or sending a message for Uber should be fine. At least I’ve never had problems when at Guincho. Bar do Guincho is quite nice but is significantly off the main road - down a very rough dirt road. I’m assuming you could walk along the beach close to the bar and get back to closer to the main road, but I’ve never done it.

There is a new ‘wave bus’ that leaves from outside the train station but it would not drop you close to Bar do Guincho. It’s so new, I don’t know how often it runs. I think you can likely buy a ticket from the driver and he could give you specifics.

lancs
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uber to Guincho beach

We are staying in cascais at the Moment and got an Uber to and from Guincho Beach today with no problems. It dropped us off at the main car park - easy walk down to the beach and then a nice walk along the beach to the bar. Spent time on the beach and then went back to the car park and only had to wait 2 minutes for it to pick us up (It all depends if there are any near by). No problems with phone signal though. We have used Uber a lot while we have been here and had no problems at all.

CAMBRIDGE
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uber to Guincho beach

Great that’s exactly what we’re planning tomorrow!

Reply to: Uber to Guincho beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cascais
Recent Conversations