We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Lisbon Airport to Lagos

sydney
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Bus from Lisbon Airport to Lagos

Hello

I am wondering what the best option is to get from Lisbon Airport to Lagos..

I understand there is a bus service, but i am just wondering how often they come? I will be arriving in Lisbon Airport at around 330pm in July.. I just want to try line up my arrival time with a bus.

Also how to get to the bus station from Airport.

Any information will help please!

7 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,796 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Bus from Lisbon Airport to Lagos

There is no bus service from Lisbon Airport to Lagos.

These go from the nearby Lisbon Oriente bus station several times every day. For times and tickets go to www.rede-expressos.pt tickets are sold maximum 30 days in advance but you can see times .

Oriente is 5 minutes in a taxi or a short ride on the city metro.

There are also five trains every day from Lisbon Oriente to Lagos (change of train needed however at a place called Tunes) and trains can be cheaper than buses if booked in advance. For train times and tickets go to https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en/buy-tickets normally tickets are available 60 days in advance but the reservation system has been off line for some time now.

Do allow sufficient time to clear immigration and / or customs at Lisbon Airport before deciding which train or bus to take. Tickets can be obtained on the day of travel if seats are available.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 12:37
sydney
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Bus from Lisbon Airport to Lagos

ok cool thank you for that information, especially the part about the immigration times.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
130 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Bus from Lisbon Airport to Lagos

Hi

just wondering the bus from Sete Rios suits our flight arrival much better but its nearly €20 more than the eva? is that the norm? Will be doing an overnight flight so want to get down to Lagos as soon as possible giving enough time for passport etc, and to get to Sete Rios which I think can do on Metro to the Zoological Place I think is the metro there someone on this forum wrote before, are the Rede Expresso buses much nicer etc, Thanks in advance

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
25,440 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: Bus from Lisbon Airport to Lagos

Sete Rios is a bus terminal station for the group Rede de Expressos of which EVA is also part of, so where are you seeing a bus that it's 20€ cheaper?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,796 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Bus from Lisbon Airport to Lagos

The fare from Lisbon Oriente to Lagos is shown as 'from €19.00' and that is with RENEX (now part of the Rede Expressos group also) and from Sete Rios with EVA or RENEX (some call at both) the same, so anything €20 less than EVA would be free.

Use the official website www.rede-expressos.pt for ticket purchase.

Sete Rios is next to the metro station Jardim Zoológico which about 30 minutes on the metro from the airport. There is also Aerobus 2 which is less frequent and more expensive than the metro. Oriente is 6 minutes on the metro from the airport.

Edited: 05 July 2018, 12:30
Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
130 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Bus from Lisbon Airport to Lagos

guys

thanks sorry, I am so silly, it was quoting for the two of us , I thought per person is thats great thanks for your tips

cheers

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,796 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: Bus from Lisbon Airport to Lagos

Never mind!

Reply to: Bus from Lisbon Airport to Lagos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lagos