We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

church

scotland
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
church

can anyone advise if there is a catholic church in or around the strip or old town areas

thanks for any replies

West Sussex
Level Contributor
253 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: church

If you go to http://www.albufeira.com/map/city/default.asp and click on Museums and Monuments > Parish Church, you'll see the main Catholic church in the Old Town.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: church

There is also a Catholic church in the grounds of the Paraiso de Albufeira hotel, midway between the strip and the old town.

West Australi
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: church

Just back from Albufeira and we went to the Catholic Church in the Old town. Were staying at Santa Elulia and ordered a taxi from the hotel It only cost €3.50. The driver said that there was only the one Catholic Church in the town. It was beautiful, and the Mass was said in Portugese, which made it very interesting!! The Mass sheets were in English though so you can read the readings. No kneeling down either!! Enjoy your holiday.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: church

carmp5,

I hope that you managed to get to your destination in your taxi as you had a taxi driver who didn't know his own town very well !!

The reason I mentioned the Catholic Church in the grounds of the Paraiso hotel was that I attended a Carol service there on Christmas Eve last year.The English translation of the Church's name is The Church of the Holy Family.

scotland
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: church

hi carmp5, was it sat night mass or sunday mass, what time was it at and was it the standard 45 mins /hour ?its one of my prommises to my ald gran that i would always try and get to mass in every country iv visited , im off there on friday cant wait now, thanx for everyones help with this

West Australi
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: church

We went to the 5.30pm Mass on Saturday night. It lasted 45mins, then you walk out into the sunshine again. The singing was beautiful. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

7. Re: church

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 16:46
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira
Recent Conversations