We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groupon Vouchers

galway ireland
Level Contributor
197 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Groupon Vouchers

Has anyone any experience with Groupon vouchers ? Basically they are offering week in CPO apartments for very very cheap but ya have to attend a 90 minute tineshare seminar ....

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Groupon Vouchers

Be careful on this timeshare seminars, 90mins will properly turn into 3- 4 hours of very hard selling on their part!

Had a not very nice experience of one in Mexcio where we had a free half day fishing trip but had to attend a seminar in a hotel to claim it. After 3 hours + left!! .....had not experienced hard selling like that before they would not give up! would have left early but the hotel was quite a bit out of the way so had to endure it! Never again!

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groupon Vouchers

ditto no such thing as a"free" lunch theres always a hidden agenda and in most time share or holiday club offers its a long and presurised few hours ok its maybe a cheaper way to get a break by attending a seminar but dont forget they have all your details and if you dont sign then you will be bombarded with phone calls emails lettters etc for a long long time after you get home

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Groupon Vouchers

Similar thread in February:

tripadvisor.com/…38612829

hertfordshire uk
Level Contributor
9 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groupon Vouchers

Beware of groupon Vouchers! The hotels are usually those in the hands of the receivers! in the UK

Bought a deal for my daughter in UAE turned out to be very expensive as they did not deliver their promises! After mega money spent on calls for UK it was not worth the effort! BEWARE!!!

Edited: 26 April 2012, 12:00
Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Groupon Vouchers

Do the timeshare presentation but say a) you are a declared bankrupt. b) you own property here etc etc. lots of ways to be polite, stay an hour then leave.

galway ireland
Level Contributor
197 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Groupon Vouchers

Decided against it. My brother who is a lot more thick skinned than me recently attended one and advised me not too !

Thanks for the advice

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
724 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Groupon Vouchers

im going and they have said 60 min,s talk cant wait ive been to two other places owned by them so they might get a few home truths done the tenerife ones aswell they will get sick of me paid £99 for seven nights

Ireland
Level Contributor
236 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Groupon Vouchers

crathie - I would like to see their faces when you come out with your home truths lol.

Touts got my mum n dad a few years back with the scratchcard scam. Luckily they didn't buy into any of it, though picking on pensioners is low low low....

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
724 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Groupon Vouchers

adoran did it tenerife and let them work out flights transfers and yearly costs without the lump sum up front and they coudnlt beat the price i had paid for the holiday i was on, the only problem was they couldnt get the kids out of there kids club might be a bit different now as they are 28 and 25 hehe lol,

10. Re: Groupon Vouchers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2013, 14:54