We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positive covid test before flying back to Scotland

Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
4 helpful votes
Positive covid test before flying back to Scotland
Save

Hi, we are meant to be flying over 4th September just for 5 days (flights amended from same time last year). Think I have my head round all the requirements. Only info not clear is if you test positive before you fly home. What would happen, do you find your own accommodation or are there designated places. Who checks on you to ensure you comply and must this be for minimum 10 days and only then if you test negative you are free to fly home? Thank you just looking to understand all the potential risks x

4 replies to this topic
East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
11,804 posts
89 reviews
188 helpful votes
1. Re: Positive covid test before flying back to Scotland
Save

Several threads running……

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189112-i331-k13648430-Isolation_rules-Albufeira_Faro_District_Algarve.html

Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Positive covid test before flying back to Scotland
Save

Thank you I had seen these posts which basically say if you test positive in Abufeira not the airport, you are on your own to find suitable accommodation. Just wandering if anything had changed as I know things are changing rapidly at the moment. I think I am looking for someone to say " it's OK, you will be fine" to help me make my decision to fly!! First World dilemma I know🤪🤔

Carvoeiro, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Carvoeiro
Level Contributor
4,553 posts
94 reviews
54 helpful votes
3. Re: Positive covid test before flying back to Scotland
Save

Bless you but I dont think some random person on an internet forum can really help you with making the right decision. Only you know what you are prepared to risk for you and your family.

I'm in the same place. I desperately need to get back to the uk to see my dad . Its been over 2 years! Now I don't need a test to get back to Portugal as I have the EU cert but I'm not liking the idea of day 2 pcr test. But like you say. First world problem x

Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Positive covid test before flying back to Scotland
Save

Totally agree I need to decide what's best for me, just trying to see If anyone has experience recently of this situation to help me understand better. Will decide this week once and for all if I am packing ny case or not!!🌞

Reply to: Positive covid test before flying back to Scotland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.