We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP..... Where is this villa we are staying in???

Long Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
HELP..... Where is this villa we are staying in???

Hi, I have booked a villa for a week in October but I cant seem to work out where abouts in Albufeira it is, old town, new etc?? The address is Villa Mike, Rua Da Figueira, Alto Do Calicos, Albufeira 8200. If anyone knows this area can you give me any bars etc that have facilities for kids? Travelling with a 9 and 3 year old. Thanks :-)

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Jaipur
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Indian, Asian, Balti
Indian Nights Tandoori Restaurant
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Indian, Asian, Balti
Spice Lounge
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Indian, Balti
8 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,253 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP..... Where is this villa we are staying in???

"Alto Do Calicos" is about a 3/4 a mile from the old town up the hill just past the municipal market and police HQ.

Map - https://goo.gl/maps/1JLqe3rXSC72

It's Rua Das Figueiras, towards the top centre to the right of LIDL as you look.

Down in the town you have everything at your disposal although hardly any in that area are especially suited for children. There is a small locals bar at one end of the street, which I have never been in.

Albufeira Shopping which you will see marked on the map has a large supermarket on two floors with a decent looking toys section and a dozen or more other shops and food court at the basement level.

If the weather's good, the beach is wide and sandy. There are electric scooter and segways down by the pier. Some of the boat rides may also be working, very much depends on the weather.

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira Shopping
Albufeira Shopping
171 Reviews
Albufeira, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,253 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP..... Where is this villa we are staying in???

If you click on the little yellow figurine at the bottom right of the map page and drag it to the blue line along that street, you can have a virtual reality walk along and may even see the exact villa you will be going to.

One side of the street towards the LIDL end is an infants school.

Long Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP..... Where is this villa we are staying in???

Thank you, do you no how far it is to walk to the beach from there?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,253 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP..... Where is this villa we are staying in???

As I said, about 3/4 of a mile from either end of the street, closer to a mile if you are in the middle. Downhill nearly all the way if you go past LIDL and ALDI, obviously uphill almost all the way back.

One of the local buses runs up the hill from the old town to a stop by the market and therefore very close to that street. Bus costs €1,40 and runs until 1945 in October. Otherwise if it's too far, a taxi is about €4. Taxi rank located 150 metres from the pier and beach.

Edited: 21 May 2018, 21:27
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,253 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP..... Where is this villa we are staying in???

Actually the normal bus stop is right at the end of street. I forgot as they are currently being diverted while a new main drain is constructed.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP..... Where is this villa we are staying in???

If you wish any comfort on the booking you need to tell us where you saw it and who you booked with .. ref no if possible. The only Villa Mike coming up on google for Albufeira is facing the marina ...

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Albufeira
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP..... Where is this villa we are staying in???

Mad idea I know, but why not ask the people you booked with?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,253 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP..... Where is this villa we are staying in???

Alto dos Caliços is not the marina area and since websites do not put a precise address for security reasons, the only way to be 100% sure is to ask the people you are renting from as suggested.

Reply to: HELP..... Where is this villa we are staying in???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira