We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Algarve Vacation (travel agents)

Northampton
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Algarve Vacation (travel agents)

Hi,

Has anyone stayed in any of the villas advertised by the company Algarve Vacation? They have many amazing looking villas in the Albuferia region, but the reviews on each property look a bit suspect to me.

I would be keen to book with these guys but just a bit concerned about the reviews

61 replies to this topic
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
7,399 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Algarve Vacation (travel agents)

This is obviously a USA-Canada agency ... so why would you book with them ? There are hundreds of such agents in UK and Europe ... or go top of the page and tap `holiday rentals`, where Trip Advisor provide arouns 2000 ....

North Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
2. Re: Algarve Vacation (travel agents)

I enquired about one advertised on homeaway web site. Looks stunning but the reviews of homeaway on trustpilot are terrible. I've also searched the web for reviews of the villa and found a completely different property comes up.

Vilamoura, Portugal
Level Contributor
26 posts
3. Re: Algarve Vacation (travel agents)

Are you referring to the website of the name you mention ending .net? This looks exactly the same as the sea sand villas post. UK number only, no Portuguese number, no Portuguese address, but just an email. An 'about us' that doesn't tell you anything. No names or contact details of anyone in Portugal. Doesn't say it's a member of anything. All amber flags. Could be genuine, but doesn't give you a warm feeling

Dublin
Level Contributor
816 posts
4. Re: Algarve Vacation (travel agents)

Best advice is to speak direct with / book local or in UK and to use a credit card that will provide you with a degree of protection if something goes wrong. There are rogue operators out there offering holidays, including villas & apartments that do not exist or otherwise do not have the right to offer.

If you used a UK credit card to book Section 75 of the UK Consumer Credit Act 1974 makes credit card providers equally liable (with retailers) for ensuring that you get what you paid for when you made a credit card purchase.

All purchases between ST£100 and ST£30,000 made with a UK credit card or store card are covered by Section 75, even if you only partially pay with the card you are covered for the whole amount, or the item is obtained from an overseas supplier or bought abroad, as would be the case in regard to booking a holiday villa in Portugal by a UK resident.

The legislation can even offer a refund for any outlay you had to make (known as a 'consequential loss') as a result of a problem. This may also be of particular interest to Trip Adviser members who may have the unfortunate experience of their holiday company or airline going bust while abroad and means they are covered for example to purchase flight tickets to get home.

You may also wish to note that DECO, the Portuguese Association for Consumer Protection - Associaçáo Portugesa para a Defesa do Consumidor can provide representation & advocacy services. consumersinternational.org/our-members/membe…

Hope you find the above helpful and reassuring

2 posts
1 review
5. Re: Algarve Vacation (travel agents)

Dont book with them, I have been waiting over 2 weeks for my £400 deposit to be returned

1 post
1 review
6. Re: Algarve Vacation (travel agents)

Dear Maxime,

But Algarve vacation does really exists? Which house did you book by them?

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
101 reviews
7. Re: Algarve Vacation (travel agents)

Worth noting that Section 75 does not always apply if you pay a third party.

A buyer purchases a flight or a holiday through a travel agent or other agent, or a holiday accommodation website lists properties on behalf of individual owners. The creditor-debtor-supplier link is deemed to be broken by the involvement of a third party, and Section 75 no longer applies.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
8. Re: Algarve Vacation (travel agents)

Just back from villa Belize Oura just outside Albufeira. Lovely villa in a good spot. Homeaway took £100 booking fee which was not obvious at outset. Then cost of the holiday on top plus breakage deposit. Algarve vacation local reps were brilliant but booking the holiday and paying was not simple with loads of emails back and forth. Just received deposit back minus £13 which I presume are bank charges for the transaction. A good holiday but will look for something simpler with no hidden charges next time

oldham
2 posts
1 review
9. Re: Algarve Vacation (travel agents)

our 2nd time staying in villa valentine!! fabulous service and on hand if you need anything!! definitely recommend

1 post
10. Re: Algarve Vacation (travel agents)

Hi Maxime,

Have they returned your deposit yet? We are about to pay our deposit too, so it would be nice to know what to expect. Thanks!

Reply to: Algarve Vacation (travel agents)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted