We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River cruising

p.e.i.
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
River cruising

Wondering if anyone has done the river cruise with AMA waterway cruise line and if you would recommend that cruising?or has anyone cruised with uniworld cruisline and if it is recommended?

UK
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: River cruising

Am cruising in September on the Douro river and wondered if anyone has any reviews on the boat MS Infante de Henrique. Also evening wear would be a help as the last cruise was very casual which suited us.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
132 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: River cruising

Don't know if your are still looking to book a river cruise, but I just returned from a 7 night cruise with AMA from Luxembourg to Nurembourg ( with stays in Paris and Prague before and after the cruise). I would highly recommend AMA. Wonderful crew, great food, lovely accommodations and excellent tours and excursions. We loved the bike tours!

Gainesville, Fl
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: River cruising

I did a cruise with Uniworld in April in parts of Belgium and Germany and was quite pleased with the boat, crew and the tours. I especially appreciated the "help yourself" coffee/latte/cappuccino/espresso machine. I would definitely use Uniworld again.

Northport, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: River cruising

Just returned from AMAVida Portugal Douro cruise. This was our 5th river cruise, first with AMA. Our first 4 were with Viking-all spectacular with excellent service. AMA was well done but with one serious flaw: they could not accommodate any dietary requirements. I don't know if it was just this ship (new ship, new itinerary), or all AMA ships. But it is definitely a deal-breaker for us. If you are on a low sodium, or gluten free diet, there is little to eat. We confirmed the dietary need 9 months prior and 4 different times before the cruise, and were told everything would be OK. It was not. Seven days of eating the same thing gets tiring.

If you don't have any special needs, you will have a great time. Viking was MORE than accommodating and that is where we will book any future cruises.

Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: River cruising

Has anyone travelled on the AmaVida Duoro cruise in cabins 215, 216, 217 or 218? Are the engines behind the cabins? If so, are they still ok? Why are they cheaper than other same cabins?

St. Louis, Mo
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: River cruising

Would like to hear from anyone who cruised theDanube with ama waterway. We are cruising September 2014

Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: River cruising

In December 2012 we cruised with Uniworld, Basel to Kolone The water level of the river was such that the cruise had to start a day or two later (do not recall for sure now) as the boat could not get under certain bridges. Uniworld put us up in 5 star hotel accommodation, bussed us above the bridges and gave us monetary compensation. Uniworld made the cruise a great experience.

8. Re: River cruising

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 09:45