We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Arras

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to Arras

I am on a cruise calling at Zeebrugge in May 2017. Is it possible to take a taxi from there to visit the war graves cemetary in Arras and if so what would be the approximate cost?

4 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Arras

It is about 140km from Zeebrugge to Arras, so a taxi would be very expensive, probably about €250 each way, and you would have to book one in advance because I doubt whether any taxis booked on the day would be willing to go all the way to Arras.

In addition, how much time do you have in Zeebrugge? It is probably going to take about 2 hours for a taxi journey, plus time at the cemetery, plus 2 hours for the return journey.

To be honest, I think this idea is a non starter unless you have at least one night to stay. Then you could make your way by train from Zeebrugge to Arras via Brugge, Kortrijk and Lille.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,141 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Arras

It's 142 km away, that's a 2-hour drive - and to a different country. I can't really imagine what that would cost by metered taxi (€300 one way?) and presumably you want to go both ways and for the driver to wait for a couple of hours.... What you really want - if you don't want to drive yourself - is to hire a car and driver for the day. Try asking for a quote from e.g.:

- 1cares.com/be/…rent-a-car-in-Bruges.html

- belgiumlimousineservices.be/en/our-services/

- chauffeurbrussels.com/EN/fees-rental-car-pri…

- http://yourdriver.be/en/

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to Arras

Thanks for the info. I was hoping it could be arranged but obviously distance and cost rule it out. I will have to arrange something else.

4. Re: Taxi to Arras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 February 2017, 16:35

Reply to: Taxi to Arras
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zeebrugge