We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels to Ypres by train - Please help

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Brussels to Ypres by train - Please help

Hi there,

I am arriving at Brussels International Airport on Sunday 13 July 2008 at around 11am and wish to travel to Ypres the same day. I will get the train from the airport into Brussels and understand that trains to Ypres leave from the Central Station.

I have gone onto the belgian train web site and find it confusing. Can anyone provide me with simple directions and information. I'd like a direct train to Ypres from Brussels any time from 12 noon onwards, and returning by direct train on the following Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thank you.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
33,937 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels to Ypres by train - Please help

Train to Brussels Midi then to Ieper (Ypres) as you said, in the direction of Poperinge. If you select the option to use only trains on the website it will be less confusing. Otherwise it can tell you to get there by bicycle LOL

Anyway there is a train from the Airport at 12:04. 20 mins to get to Midi then switch to the train to Ieper which leaves at 12:35 which should give you enough time to change platforms if required. You don't need reservations and they will be able to help you (In English) at the airport station. I would not worry too much about it.

There is a train every hour to Ieper.

http://www.b-rail.be/main/E/

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels to Ypres by train - Please help

Thank you so much. You have been very helpful, just the information I needed.

Thanks again.

3. Re: Brussels to Ypres by train - Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 20:45