We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New year's Eve 2018

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
New year's Eve 2018

Hi. Can someone tell me if there are any n.y.e dinner dances in Brugge this year?

Thanks

Nick and Mandy

7 replies to this topic
Bruges, Belgium
Level Contributor
225 posts
116 reviews
1. Re: New year's Eve 2018

On New Years Eve there is usually the sing along event on the square ‘Zand’ followed by fireworks at midnight. I do not know what exactly you mean by dinner dance .....

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
9,326 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: New year's Eve 2018

As an alternative, a few restaurants (impossible to say which ones yet especially as NYE is a Monday this year) will offer a fixed celebration menu, usually with copious drinks included, the service of which commences around 19.00 and eventually concludes around 01.00. Other restaurants are likely to be closed.

Bruges, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
62 reviews
3. Re: New year's Eve 2018

Hi , im from brugge and its a bit early to see what restaurants are open on NY eve . The best thing i can do to help now is sending you a link from a free magazine we get every week and in this magazine (tips online) the restaurants put there advertisements for ny eve menu's . They advertise mostly around november begin december . Good luck ! https://www.tips.be/

Solihull, United...
1 post
1 review
4. Re: New year's Eve 2018

The best NYE I’ve ever had was in Bruges, Wrap up warm spend the evening on the market square ice skating and drinking chouffe Coffee and then head to the Z’and square for about 11.30. Take a bottle (or 2) of bubbly and join in a mass sing along to pop and rock classics (plus a few Belgian traditional songs) It is fantastic fun. Busy but not oppressive and will leave you smiling throughout January and most of f February. - it was a few years ago that I last went but I am smiling now just thinking about it.

I’’m not over egging it but it is much more fun than a dinner dance and you will remember it for ever.

Faringdon, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
69 reviews
5. Re: New year's Eve 2018

Crowne Plaza does a great NYE buffet and then dancing from 10:00pm to 02:00.....gives you time after the buffet to go to the main square to see the New Year in and then back to CP for a bit of a dance

Bruges, Belgium
Level Contributor
225 posts
116 reviews
6. Re: New year's Eve 2018

Just one correction, New-Year is celebrated on the 'Zand', the square next to the Concertgebouw, not on the markt (main square). The 'Zand is a 5 to 10 minute walk from the 'markt' and the Crown Plaza.

1 post
1 review
7. Re: New year's Eve 2018

My partner and I are also spending NYE in Bruges. Anyone know of any restaurants that are open that evening? And are places open on New Years Day?

Thanks in advance! :)

Reply to: New year's Eve 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted