We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France Brussels Midi - CDG connection.

ON
3 posts
Air France Brussels Midi - CDG connection.

Hello,

I just posted this question on the Paris Forum, but I'm wondering if anyone here can help me as well.

I have an AF reservation for Brussels-Montreal, which consists of a Thalys train ride from Brussels-CDG and a CDG-Montreal AF flight. Can anyone tell me the procedures for connecting from the Thalys to the flight segment. Since I will have a checked in luggage, it is to my understanding that I will have to pick up my luggage from the train and re-check it in again at CDG. Will 1hr 20min be enough for this connection?

Thanks.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,166 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Air France Brussels Midi - CDG connection.

It will depend in the first instance on which terminal you are departing from at CDG, as you can check luggage in at Gare du Midi for the flight from CDG to your final destination, provided that it is leaving from the same terminal (2) as the train arrives at. Air France's website specifically states, under "les heures limites d'enregistrement", that in this case, minimum check-in time at CDG 2 is only 15 minutes, see

http://www.airfrance.com/double6/BE/infolocale.nsf/(LookupPublishedWeb)/fr-INFOL-zyr_agence_acces?OpenDocument

In fact, Air France does not even mention a limitation to flights from Terminal 2, but states that to register baggage already in Brussels, it is only necessary to check in at Gare du Midi at least 30 minutes before departure of the train, see 4th indent under "simplicité" ("Enregistrement jusqu'à la destination finale du passager au comptoir Air France en gare de Bruxelles-Midi, possible jusqu'à 30 minutes avant le départ de Thalys.")

From the station at CDG there are free shuttle buses for the other terminals, but it can be a problem to work out where to go and you have to take 2 different elevators before you find, for example, shuttle bus no. 5 to the T3 terminal. Also, this would take time and if you did have to check in again, you only have about 20 minutes to spare as minimum check-in time for N. America is stated as 1 hour.

However, perhaps you should ask Air France (at CDG - your question concerns the situation there, rather than at Gare du Midi). If you do want to contact AF at Bxl Gare du Midi, they are open 7/7 06h30-20h30, they cleverly do not give a phone number but fax 32-2/526.12.79 and e-mail address mail.cto.bru@airfrance.fr.

ON
3 posts
2. Re: Air France Brussels Midi - CDG connection.

Thank you very much for your quick and informative response. My plane is scheduled to depart from Terminal 2F.

3. Re: Air France Brussels Midi - CDG connection.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 13:50