We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need info on public transport

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
287 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Need info on public transport

How do you go from Brussels airport (BRU) to Avenue Ariane, 7 - B-1200 Brussels using public transport?

Is there anything like day pass? If so, how much does it cost?

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need info on public transport

< How do you go from Brussels airport (BRU) to Avenue Ariane, 7 - B-1200 Brussels using public transport? >

Not absolutely the fastest but perhaps the easiest to follow:

Take the airport bus No 12 to Diamant metro station; at Diamant take underground tram 7 or 25 to Montgomery metro (subway) station (2 stops); at Montgomery take metro line 1 to Roodebeek (4 stops); at Roodebeek take bus 45 which passes within 3 minutes walk of avenue Ariane.

Brussels public transport online journey planner suggests a slightly faster route involving changes at bus stops - but it is perhaps easier to see where you are when you are travelling along the metro (subway) system.

stib.be/irj/…20110901_CHRONO.pdf

Cost is €3 if you buy a ticket from the machine at the bus stop at the airport; €5 if you buy it from the bus driver. You can use the same ticket for the whole journey.

If you can say when you are coming I can look up the journey for you in exact detail.

< Is there anything like day pass? If so, how much does it cost? >

Yes. €4.50 - but it is not valid to and from the airport http://www.stib.be/1-jour-dag.html?l=en . There is also a 3-day pass for €9.50.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
287 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need info on public transport

<If you can say when you are coming I can look up the journey for you in exact detail.>

I will start the journey from airport at 10:00 AM and will return back to airport at 16:15 PM.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need info on public transport

< I will start the journey from airport at 10:00 AM and will return back to airport at 16:15 PM. >

Now that I see exactly where it is, I have found a much simpler way of doing this.

At the Airport - go to bus platform A. Take De Lijn bus 659 to its terminus at Roodebeek metro station. Buses leave every 20 minutes at 10.10, 10.30, 10.50 etc. and the journey takes 14 minutes. Ticket costs €2 if bought from the bus driver.

…delijn.be/dienstregelingen/…3659271210.pdf - Zaventem Luchthaven to Woluwe Roodebeek

At Roodebeek metro station, take STIB bus 45 (Direction: Saint-Vincent) to Tractebel (4th stop) stib.be/irj/…EN_HP_45_1537_20110901_Col.pdf

Buses leave every 15 minutes at 03, 18, 33 and 48 minutes past each hour and the journey takes 4 minutes. Ticket again costs €2 if bought from the bus driver.

Total cost = €4 but this is much quicker and simpler than my first suggestion.

For the return journey to the Airport:

Take bus 45 from Tractebel to Roodebeek metro stib.be/irj/…EN_HP_45_3464_20110901_Col.pdf - bus every 6 minutes after 16.00

At Roodebeek take bus 659 to the airport …delijn.be/dienstregelingen/…3659271210.pdf - Woluwe Roodebeek to Zaventem Luchthaven - bus every 15 minutes at 02, 17, 32 and 47 minutes past the hour.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need info on public transport

De Lijn bus 659 www.youtube.com/watch…

STIB bus 45 www.youtube.com/watch…

5. Re: Need info on public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 01:49