We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels hostels/hotels

Long Beach, CA
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Brussels hostels/hotels

I am looking for any hostels or hotels by the main railway station that goes to Paris.

The rooms have to cater for 5 persons in a room

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

I am looking at Krakow, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam, Brussels and Paris

Thanks

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,960 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels hostels/hotels

The Brussels station from which trains depart to Paris is Bruxelles-Midi (South station); however, there is no reason for staying near that station (which is a horrible area) as the only train you can take on that route is Thalys, and Thalys tickets permit you to start your journey, using the same ticket, at either of Brussels' other main stations, Nord and Central, changing at Midi onto the Thalys.

Gare centrale is by far the most convenient in terms of accommodation, although there is no hostel very close by: the Sleepwell is the most convenient, about 10 minutes walk away: see visitbrussels.be/bitc/…youth-hostels.do

I don't know of any Brussels hotels, as opposed to hostels, that permits more than 4 people in a room, even when 3 of them are children, and if you want to limit yourself to places near train stations this is even more difficult. If you insist on staying near Gare du Midi the only hotel I would recommend, purely because it is right next to the station (across from the Avenue Fonsny exit) and therefore limits exposure to the area, is the Ibis Brussels Centre Gare du Midi, ibishotel.com/gb/…index.shtml - but you might have to take 2 rooms as they only have "standard" rooms, with 1 double bed and 1 single bed; but they may have communicating rooms.

2. Re: Brussels hostels/hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 04:48