We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with info for brussels

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
747 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Please help with info for brussels

Hi there

We've suddenly decided we'd like to go to christmas markets in brussels, and having looked at flights, have found a FEW CHEAP oops ones, but they are limited so want to glean as much info as poss before booking bit dont want to leave it so they've gone!

So, we'd like a cheap appartment near to where the main attractions are. We always cook our own meals so would like something with an oven lol. There are 4 of us, incl 2 teenagers.

Also is it easy to get into the centre of brussles from the airport? And are the christmas markets nice?

Any otheruseful info would also be gratefully appreciated. Cheers DD

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with info for brussels

There isn't really a Christmas market, Brussels has a WINTER market: if you are expecting anything Christmassy you are likely to be disappointed, although it also depends on the "guest country" - last year it was Morocco! On the other hand, there is a Christmas sound-and -light show in the Grand' Place which is usually good (although unfortunately, last year was an exception as it was all disneyfied).

If you are arriving at Brussels Airport it is very easy to get into the city, it's only 20 minutes on the train, which stops at Nord, Central and Midi stations. If you would be arriving at Charleroi, it's still easy but takes an hour or so on the bus to Gare du Midi.

I'm sure you can research aparthotels for yourself, e.g. Adagio, Les Citadines.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
747 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with info for brussels

Hi thanks for the info on the market. I know I can research hotels myself but on all our previous trips I have asked for, and been given recommendtions on cheap well located apps. It is so much easier when you know what you're looking for. eg when we went to amsterdam we were recommended the hotel crystal which was half the price of anythng i could fine. Same with krakow, the appt company we were given gave a great appt for £200 for the week when the cheapest Id found was 350. We did Berlin in April and were advised to use berlinzimmer.com which was a great place. It is a minefiled and I a always like to ask for advice first!

3. Re: Please help with info for brussels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 07:46