We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels to Luxembourg by rail confusion

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Brussels to Luxembourg by rail confusion

Can anyone please tell me the current price of the train fare between Brussels and Luxembourg City? I would like to travel Friday 9th September and return the next day Saturday 10th but would not like to make any advance purchase or reservation.

I have consulted the b-europe website but it's ticket pricing isn't clear so if anyone could answer the following please it would be very much appreciated:

Is it cheaper to buy single tickets for each journey on each day or does the weekend return discount apply for international travel?

Why are the tickets cheaper when two people are travelling?

For two people the b-europe website states the cost as €30 per person return. Will this price be available if I was to purchase the return tickets on the Friday?

Thanks guys....Dean

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels to Luxembourg by rail confusion

< Can anyone please tell me the current price of the train fare between Brussels and Luxembourg City? I would like to travel Friday 9th September and return the next day Saturday 10th >

€41 return - Escapade Discount www.b-europe.com/Travel/Promotions/Discounts

< does the weekend return discount apply for international travel? >

Yes - Benelux Weekend Discount www.b-europe.com/Travel/Promotions/Discounts

< Why are the tickets cheaper when two people are travelling? >

Special offer - Escapade2 - €30 return each.

< For two people the b-europe website states the cost as €30 per person return. Will this price be available if I was to purchase the return tickets on the Friday? >

Yes.

You can see all the possible fares for Brussels to Luxembourg if you enter the exact details of the journey you are planning (including number of travellers and their age group) here http://www.b-europe.com/Travel

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels to Luxembourg by rail confusion

Thank-you very much for your informative answer. It is much appreciated....Dean

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brussels to Luxembourg by rail confusion

< I would like to travel Friday 9th September and return the next day Saturday 10th but would not like to make any advance purchase or reservation. >

NB - if you buy international tickets (i.e. including Brussels-Luxembourg) from a ticket sales desk at a station in Belgium, you are charged a "service fee" of €3.50 on top of the price of the ticket. The fee is charged per transaction, not on each individual ticket, so you pay it only once if you buy two or more tickets together.

You do not pay this service fee if you book online in advance.

4. Re: Brussels to Luxembourg by rail confusion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 10:45