We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Bus No 12 / 21

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
957 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Bus No 12 / 21

Hi, hope someone can give me some advise please.

I'm travelling alone to Brussels on Friday. I need get from the airport to Schuman Metro station to meet my husband as we are staying at the Aloft Hotel.

My flight lands at 18.20 hours, from the research I have done I am considering getting the Bus line 12 from the airport (I am not the most confident traveller when alone outside the UK so dont really want to change trains).

Can anyone tell me how long the bus takes from the airport to Schuman Metro Station & how often they run.

If the bus is not the best option and the train is easier please advise me. (I would like to keep things as simple as possible without adding expense and time to the journey)

Thanks

Edited: 27 June 2011, 20:44
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Bus No 12 / 21

For Schuman, the bus is the best option and until 20:00 hrs this is the no. 12 Airport Express, which takes maybe 15 minutes to Schuman (3rd stop after NATO and Diamant). We are now in the school holiday period which means that the 12 leaves Brussels Airport at 18:31, 18:47, 18:59, 19:10, 19:20, 19:50 (see http://www.stib.be/irj/go/km/docs/horaires/12/Horaires/20110411/EN_HP_12_9600_20110411_Col.pdf).

After that you have the 21 bus which leaves at 20:14, 20:34, 20:55 etc. and stops everywhere - 22 stops to Schuman, so you would have to assume 30 mins or so for the same journey (stib.be/irj/…EN_HP_21_9600_20110411_Col.pdf).

Cost is €3 if you buy ticket from machine by the bus-stop, €5 if you have to buy it from the bus-driver.

The bus stops in rue Archimède next to the Berlaymont. For the Aloft hotel, walk forward (keeping on the right-hand side of the roadworks, i.e. the side closest to the Berlaymont) to the roundabout, cross over rue de la Loi, and continue down rue Froissart keeping the pink granite Council building on your right. Take the next street on the right, behind the Council building, and you will see the hotel across the street.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
957 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Bus No 12 / 21

Thank you very much qaminari for your informative response, it will be very useful.

We are returning to the airport early Sunday evening so will need to catch the bus line 21 back, we will allow more time for this due to all the stops.

3. Re: Airport Bus No 12 / 21

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 00:48