We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels Midi to Central

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Topic
Brussels Midi to Central

Hi all,

I will be travelling to Brussels from London. I plan to take Eurostar from London St Pancras International to Brussels Midi. However, my final destination would be to Brussels Central.

What would be the easiest way for me?

I will be alone and I only speak English.

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,139 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels Midi to Central

While the Eurostar train itself terminates at Midi, your ticket to Brussels is valid to any other train station in Brussels and there are direct trains from Midi to Central every few minutes, taking about 4 mins. When you come down from the Eurostar into either the main concourse or "connection corridor" look for monitors showing the next departures (départs) and for a train going to e.g. Brussels Airport or Antwerp (or even, as long as it's IC and not Thalys, Amsterdam): for all domestic trains going north, the next stop will be Gare centrale, you just identify one leaving in 5-10 mins, go to the platform number given (Eurostar is 1-2, Thalys 3-6 so it could be any number above 7) and go to that platform, where you will find an indicator at the bottom of the escalator and overhead, on the platform, telling you what the next train is (also announcements but you may not understand those). When it comes in, just jump on the train and show your Eurostar ticket to an inspector on board, if asked.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels Midi to Central

Thanks so much for the detailed response! I appreciate it. I do hope I'll be able to find my way haha thanks :)

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
19,538 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brussels Midi to Central

A lot of people in Brussels speak English so you shouldn't have any problems.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Brussels Midi to Central

That's great, thanks!

Reply to: Brussels Midi to Central
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted