We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tobacco

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tobacco

Hi all,will be visiting Brussels on Tuesday for a flying visit to the Christmas market (oops i mean Winter market!),and im hoping to stock up on some baccy whilst there.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying tobacco near the city centre, i'm aware there aren't Tabacs as such so any supermarkets/shops that i could visit.

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tobacco

I don't think my local supermarket even stocks tobacco, and the ones in the city centre are mostly small (there's a larger Carrefour in the basement of City 2 at Rogier). But you'll find a tobacconist stocking British brands at the entrance to the Passage du Nord on Bd. Adolphe Max, just after Place de Brouckère when coming from Bourse and walking towards Rogier; same side as the Métropole Hotel.

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tobacco

Many thanks,i will look at google maps as soon as i finish typing this!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tobacco

Seems I forgot to tell you it's called Davidoff ! Will be billed as a cigar shop but it also stocks tobacco. Its actual address is 1 Passage du Nord, there's a map at the bottom of http://www.passagedunord.be/indexen.html

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tobacco

Very helpful,thanks again.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
19,521 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tobacco

Just go to one of the corner shops/mini markets that sell booze and cigs/tabacco.

They sell baccy for about €8 for 50g for Drum etc. If that's the sort of baccy you like!

You don't need to go far to find them!

Edited: 10 December 2017, 08:24
Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tobacco

Thanks Matt,i'm after Golden Virginia or Cutters Choice,any idea if that is a similar price to Drum?

Whatever i pay is still a fraction of the ridiculously heavily taxed prices that we pay here!

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
19,521 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tobacco

Just buy a shed load of Drum, or Drum Blue; it's a lot better than Golden Virginia or Cutters Choice! 😉

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,734 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tobacco

2 weeks ago Golden Virginia was €10.50 for 50g

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tobacco

Found Golden Virginia at 10.50,fully stocked up,thanks for the help everyone!

Reply to: Tobacco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted