We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

locker for baggage

Tehran, Iran
9 posts
locker for baggage

is there any locker or safe place for keeping our luggage in Brussels midi train station?

10 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,282 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: locker for baggage

Yes, both lockers and staffed left-luggage facility. Both are near the Thalys waiting area: look for signs to the "consigne" (or suitcase symbol).

Tehran, Iran
9 posts
2. Re: locker for baggage

thanks a lot for your help and i want to know are they safe ?

Edited: 26 November 2017, 11:38
Europe
Level Contributor
6,736 posts
3. Re: locker for baggage

A left luggage facility that is not safe would be a bit useless, don’t you think? If it helps, I have no hesitation leaving my laptop bag in those automatic lockers.

Tehran, Iran
9 posts
4. Re: locker for baggage

yes i think a safe place that i can lock the door and keep my luggage there

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,282 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: locker for baggage

Q (you) "is there any LOCKER or SAFE PLACE for keeping our luggage in Brussels midi train station?

A. (me) Yes (with details)

Q (you) "i want to know are they SAFE"

A. (me) See first answer. A "locker" is like a box for storing your luggage in, with a door you can LOCK - hence "LOCKER" - and unlock with a code, after payment. A "staffed left-luggage facility" is a storage place with a counter where you can hand your luggage over to a human, and THEY keep watch over it in their storage facility until you return and hand them the ticket (and payment). So in what way does #1 not answer your question? If you want to know whether either of these could be robbed, I don't see how but maybe you would like to try it, and report back.

Tehran, Iran
9 posts
6. Re: locker for baggage

thanks for your clear answer to my question and your help .i think i will take locker and i want to know about the payment, how much are the lockers? do you know? and where can i find the locker?

Europe
Level Contributor
6,736 posts
7. Re: locker for baggage

It really helps if you read the answers you know. The "where" was already answered in the first one by qaminari...

Edited: 28 November 2017, 11:40
Dahab, Egypt
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: locker for baggage

The largest locker is 5 euros and it was big enough for a large bag and two handluggage suitcases.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,282 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: locker for baggage

"How much are the lockers?"

Small, €4; Medium, €4.50; Large, €5. This video shows lockers at Gare centrale but the system is identical at Gare du Midi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVHU09gjVI4

"Where can i find the locker?"

See #1 "Both are near the Thalys waiting area: look for signs to the "consigne" (or suitcase symbol)." You would pass both the left-luggage office and locker area on the left (followed by toilets) when going to Thalys platforms 3-6.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: locker for baggage

Are you sure the automated lockers are PIN-based? I thought you get a ticket with a barcode that you need to scan in order to open it. Thanks for a reply.

Reply to: locker for baggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted