We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prebooking Anne Frank tickets

San Francisco
Level Contributor
335 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
prebooking Anne Frank tickets

Hi,

I am going to Amsterdam at the end of Aug. I understand you can prebook tickets on line 2 months in advance. So will I be able to book those tickets at the beginning of June, or is it a 60 day advance(so end of june)? Thanks.

Dan

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Jewish Quarter Anne Frank Walking...
267 Reviews
from US$ 27.90*
Free Cancellation
Special Offer
Amsterdam Super Saver: Xtracold...
270 Reviews
from US$ 32.70*
US$ 39.20
Free Cancellation
Amsterdam City Canal Cruise
134 Reviews
from US$ 17.80*
Free Cancellation
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
36,791 posts
599 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prebooking Anne Frank tickets

annefrank.org/en/…

"From 1 May 2016 from 9 AM to 3:30 PM the museum will only be open to visitors with an online ticket for a particular timeslot. From 3:30 PM until closing time you can visit the Anne Frank House without an online ticket and buy a ticket at the museum entrance."

Mentioned in this post
Anne Frank House
Anne Frank House
52,546 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prebooking Anne Frank tickets

To answer your question, it's looking like you can book tickets for ALL of August starting the first of June. There is still a bit of uncertainty as it's a new system and folks are not yet completely familiar with it. It's also looking like they are releasing tickets by time frame and then closing off sales for a while before opening up another time frame. In other words, if you miss out at first keep checking as they'll open up more for later in the day.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

San Francisco
Level Contributor
335 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prebooking Anne Frank tickets

Great! Thanks for the reply. Just what I need to know

Dan

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
60 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prebooking Anne Frank tickets

I have been trying to figure out this system for several weeks now, and I am still not seeing a pattern. Right now, it looks like you can only purchase exactly 2 months from today (19th of July). There are no tickets available after that date. I have tried to log on first thing in the morning, expecting to see tickets for sale for every time slot 60 days out, but this doesn't seem to be the case. There are also some time slots that have black bars, and some that have grey bars, but both showing 0 tickets available.

Has anyone else figured this system out? I have an upcoming trip in August, and I was really hoping to figure out what day I should log on an buy tickets.

I wish it was like the Eiffel tower tickets where tickets went on sale daily for tickets 60 days out.

Edited: 20 May 2016, 08:13
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,468 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: prebooking Anne Frank tickets

new system just started 2 weeks ago..i doubt if even the AFH has it figured out yet.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
335 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prebooking Anne Frank tickets

My guess is that the black bar means tickets are sold out. And the grey bar means tickets have not been released yet. An expert has mentioned they release tickets in batches, therefore not all tickets at exactly 60 days out

Port Townsend...
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: prebooking Anne Frank tickets

I don't know if this information will help you in your quest, but we booked our tickets on April 30th for dates in July.

8. Re: prebooking Anne Frank tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2017, 09:47