We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rijksmuseum gardens

UK
12 posts
Save Topic
Rijksmuseum gardens

Are the Rijksmuseum gardens open this week, and is there a charge to visit them? is the guided tour offered by the museum interesting? is it too early to see many plants?

Thanks for your help (visiting April 28- May 1st)

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
5,292 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rijksmuseum gardens

You can visit the garden every day from 9AM till 6PM free of charge.

You can join a tour, but you can also visit the garden by yourself.

In the summer months the Rijksmuseum usually has an outside sculpture exhibition in the garden (in 2015 by Joan Miro), but right now the garden should be filled with all kinds of tulips. See here for more info: https:/…the-rijksmuseum-gardens

UK
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rijksmuseum gardens

Thank you very much, tulips will do nicely! :)

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rijksmuseum gardens

The gardens are lovely but don't expect them to be very big.

You can take a chair and place it anywhere you like and just sit there and relax. And/or buy a coffee / tea / beer at the little stall that's also in the garden (but you don't have to). It's fun to watch people playing in the fountain nearby (water coming from the ground, sometimes a circle 'traps' people). And yes do note that I say 'people' and not just 'children'. Makes it extra funny. :-)

UK
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rijksmuseum gardens

Sounds lovely, if the weather is good! I read somewhere online that the Baroque garden is closed at weekends, does anyone know whether that is true (and if yes, whether the tour goes into it?)

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply.

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
5,292 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rijksmuseum gardens

What do you mean with Baroque garden? The Rijksmuseum only has 1 garden and it is open every day from 9AM till 6PM.

UK
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rijksmuseum gardens

I'm not sure, I just saw the 'Baroque Garden' mentioned somewhere on a website, perhaps it meant the garden in general.

7. Re: Rijksmuseum gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2017, 09:46