We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls - what to wear on a night out!?

London, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
Girls - what to wear on a night out!?

Hi. We are visiting amsterdam next weekend for a hen do. I'm really stumped on what to pack though!? During the day will just be jeans and converse but what shall I pack for the evening? We will be hitting the bars / clubs and although I have read it's quite casual out there I'd still like to get a *bit* dolled up. How is the weather out there at the minute? Will it be boots and jeans or are people wearing open toe shoes yet?

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
12,040 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Girls - what to wear on a night out!?

Not a girl but if I were to make a recommendation it would be tights and boots.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
2. Re: Girls - what to wear on a night out!?

I don't think our weather is all that different from yours. Jeans and boots, sneakers or other shoes should be fine. It's still a bit cold for open toes, no? Plus the risk of people standing on your toes in busy nightclubs or bars... I'd stick with closed shoes.

Most Dutch girls dress quite casually, their tops might be a bit bling, and some wear dresses or skirts... But jeans are more common, especially in bars.

Then again we have so many tourists and expats, you won't stand out either way, and you can wear what you like.

Google some images of 'ade publiek' to get an impression of what people wear to clubs.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
3. Re: Girls - what to wear on a night out!?

@Ddavis, surely a skirt too? ;-)

Maryland
Level Contributor
5,092 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Girls - what to wear on a night out!?

And some kind of top ......

Edited: 01 April 2016, 04:16
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
12,040 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Girls - what to wear on a night out!?

<@Ddavis, surely a skirt too? ;-)>

<And some kind of top ......>

How about a long sweater????????

"Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
6. Re: Girls - what to wear on a night out!?

Whew!!

I was getting worried there for a minute. I could just imagine all the trauma to the folks there if all some (of us) were to wear nothing but tights and boots. Talking about nightmares!! LOL

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
8,269 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Girls - what to wear on a night out!?

Luckily we have girls in skirts too here!

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
5,016 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Girls - what to wear on a night out!?

Speaking of tights: Anyone remembers the movie Robin Hood: men in tights from 1993? :-P

9. Re: Girls - what to wear on a night out!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2017, 10:46