We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Booking

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Booking

I booked the Best Western Hotel Delphi for the first week of August. We enjoy walking so if it is a mile or two frim major attractions it is not a problem.

Opinions?

Skip-the-Line Rijksmuseum Amsterdam...
23 Reviews
from US$ 20.80*
Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and...
2,492 Reviews
from US$ 70.30*
Free Cancellation
Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Van Gogh Museum and...
559 Reviews
from US$ 129.80*
Free Cancellation
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,467 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Booking

it will be a problem if you are in the center late at night, tired and you dread trudging back to the hotel...fortunately trams 5 and 24 roll by pretty close to your hotel.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Booking

It's about a 15 minute walk from the Vondelpark.

"Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Booking

May I ask what the going rate is you booked this hotel for?

Sometimes we see people stay outside of the center because of lower prices, but in some cases one can stay more centrally for similar money.

Edit: It's not that bad located actually, Steve already mentioned the trams. It's located in a very nice residential area, quiet at night, good public transport options.

Edited: 09 February 2016, 18:42
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
43,993 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Booking

Tram 5and 24 pass about 2 minutes from the hotel. You can be at Museumplein in 5 minutes by tram or even walk in about 15 minutes. The 758 nightbus also goes to the same stop. All covered if you have a GVB day pass. The hotel is no further out from the city than my place (I live very near to this hotel) and the street it is on, Apollolaan, is about the most expensive in the city with houses up to €4M and there are quite a few restaurants, shops etc on the busy Beethovenstraat where the tram stop is. Also very easy to get to from the airport and it does not sound like you are here to party.

If you are coming from the airport then take the train to Zuid station, not Centraal, and then tram 5 or what I normally do is taxi from Zuid station if I have bags. Normally around €8.

I think Art Zuid will be again placed along the Apollolaan so some interesting outdoor art and sculptures to look at too.

I realise that some people think that you have to be bang in the city centre but you did not make such a bad choice tbh.

Mentioned in this post
GVB
GVB
2,592 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hostel Centraal
Hostel Centraal
139 Reviews
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
36,651 posts
599 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Booking

Seems a little distance away https:/…MAPVIEW

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
17,493 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Booking

Opinions?

Last spring I saw an offer for an August 2015 stay-----it was a better located or at least closer in located well reviewed five star for $83 usd a night----double room.

About 73 euros or so for a five star.

August is a great time for me to find some drop dead great deals on 4 and 5 stars in the close in center.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
17,493 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Booking

Looking at August 1 checking out August 8 I see several well located four and five star hotels double rooms for about 90 euros to about 110 euros a night.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Booking

It is not so much a money thing, but rather I am a Best Western member and find the hotels generally are very comfortable with good amenities. I would rather pay a little more and stay in a chain I know than in a local hotel I don't know. Thank you for your inputs.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Booking

If you prefer to stay at Best Western there's another Best Western Apollo hotel as well. Close to Leidseplein, musea and Vondelpark. From Best Western Delphi to Apollo is less than 10 minutes by tram to give you an idea.

But there's nothing wrong with the Delphi and it's location. It's a really nice area. Quiet , Green and charming.

Mentioned in this post
Leidseplein Hostel
Leidseplein Hostel
311 Reviews
10. Re: Hotel Booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2017, 11:46