We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam to Munich CNL Couchette Question

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
17 reviews
Amsterdam to Munich CNL Couchette Question

Trying to book a CNL train from Amsterdam to Munich. I tried the Netherlands site and able to book the ticket for Jan 18. However, I'm not sure if I'm getting a couchette with my booking. It's only showing with description - Non-flex fare

Berth 6 pers. - Sparnight for 245 Euros for 5. Is this a seat or a couchette? Appreciate your help.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,521 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Amsterdam to Munich CNL Couchette Question

Thats a couchette and you might get a 6th person in there. If you want it for yourselves book 6 tickets. We just booked CNL to Zurich and find using the German Dbahn site is much clearer when it comes to choosing accommodation.

Edited: 17 October 2015, 13:32
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Amsterdam to Munich CNL Couchette Question

Thanks very much! Wouldn't let me book on the German site today for Jan 18.. so tried the Netherlands site. It's cheaper too! Appreciate your help!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,521 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Amsterdam to Munich CNL Couchette Question

If the dutch website is cheaper be extra sure you're getting what you think you're getting because thats quite unusual.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,617 posts
81 reviews
4. Re: Amsterdam to Munich CNL Couchette Question

Have you already booked this? I think that the 18 Jan is just outside the 12 seek booking period which is why the BAHN site won't give you a price. For the previous Monday they give a base price of €195 or €300 for a 6 couchette compartment.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,617 posts
81 reviews
5. Re: Amsterdam to Munich CNL Couchette Question

By the way you can fly to Munich on Lufthansa for about €89 on that day.

Edited: 17 October 2015, 19:20
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Amsterdam to Munich CNL Couchette Question

Thanks lennybruce and RonaldoC ! I booked it already. Had to ring the contact centre and finalize the booking. They did confirm it was a couchette.. plus able to book for 6. Hope it's all good... coz it's non-refundable! Will let you know! Appreciate all your help guys!

7. Re: Amsterdam to Munich CNL Couchette Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2016, 09:47