We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting aroung during Christmas Week

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Getting aroung during Christmas Week

Hello! me and 3 others will be in Amsterdam from 29-31 December 2015. It will be my first time there. What is the best option for getting around. I do not see any metros inside the inner canal. My hotel is the Quentin Arrive(ghetto lol). It looks to be fairly close to majority of the landmarks I wish to visit. Im afraid of renting a bike due to the cold temperature during winter. Is it recommended to rent a bike regardless of weather?

I also would like to know if I need to worry about any closures during the days I am there. Anne Frank is a must. Other museums we dont really care much for. We just wanna try out the food(Poffertjes, Bitterballen, Stroopwafels, Oliebollen are a few I would love to try any recommendations would help)

Last but not least, what is the best and efficient way to get from my hotel to AMS airport there and back? Thank you!

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting aroung during Christmas Week

Your hotel is located at the edge of the city center. That said, you can walk to the other side of the center in 30 - 40 minutes so it is not a problem. As Amsterdam will be busy at that time, go online ASAP and book tickets for the AFH. Less than a 10 minute walk from your hotel.

To just hang out, simply walk outside your door. Your hotel is on one of the best streets anywhere. Weather will not be your problem with renting a bike. Wait until you get there before making up your mind.

Walk to the Central Station and take the train to Schiphol.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

2. Re: Getting aroung during Christmas Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2016, 09:47