We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taste of Amsterdam 2015

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taste of Amsterdam 2015

Hello!

My husband and I will be traveling to Amsterdam in early June. As it so happens, we will be there during the Taste of Amsterdam (June 4-7). I am interested in getting tickets online, but am having trouble navigating their online purchase page. Using Google Translate is getting me so far, but it not completely. It seems that there are options for the kinds of tickets you can purchase and possible discounts but it is not clear what exactly they are. A basic entry ticket is fine but there may be options worth noting too. I am already aware that we will need to purchase tokens to partake in foods in addition to our entry ticket.

Can anyone help me navigate the online purchase page?

Has anyone been to a Taste of Amsterdam (or other host city) to know what different ticket options really mean (and whether it is worth it to upgrade)?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Tonia Derring

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,162 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taste of Amsterdam 2015

http://en.tasteofamsterdam.com/

K K
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taste of Amsterdam 2015

Try the official seller's website. More English. Less confusion.

http://www.eventim.nl/Tickets.html?affiliate=ENL&xtnp=1&xtmc=taste&action=tickets&doc=artistPages/tickets&fun=artist&xtcr=1&key=1356342$5162407&language=en

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,162 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taste of Amsterdam 2015

Sorry was a bit lazy there. Seems that the English site reverts to Dutch when you try to buy tickets ;-((

You don't need to order online, just pay at the gate. They often do combi tickets but I don't really see any offers on there at the moment apart from the 2 tickets for €30 with a subscription to a magazine you won't want. Maybe check back nearer the time.

Just be aware that all the cooking demo's etc are in Dutch with TV chef's you will never have heard of.

Went 2 years ago and it was fun but spent lots of money. You have to buy tokens (florins) and exchange them for food and drink. Just don't buy too many at one time. You can by them all over the park.

Just be aware that it is mostly outdoors so that is why it is a better idea to pay on entry as you can factor the weather in. Not so much fun when it's pouring with rain.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taste of Amsterdam 2015

Open a site in Google Chrome and it will automatically translate most of the text.

K K
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taste of Amsterdam 2015

While Google translates the page, it does not translate the section inside a frame where the purchase instructions are in Dutch.

Funny thing is that its inconsistent. I clicked on Ron's link and it wasn't in Dutch, you could go all the way and buy the ticket in English. But if you go back a page or two and come back, it might revert again to Dutch.

The other site of Eventim that I linked to is more stable and in English (90% of content).

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,821 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taste of Amsterdam 2015

This month's Foodies magazine has details of a special offer for entry (€18 for two as opposed to €12 per person). I'll dig up the details when I get home and send them to you by Private Message.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taste of Amsterdam 2015

Thanks! I did look at the website, but that was where I was having difficulty. Once you enter the portion of the site to buy tickets, it is in Dutch and Google Translate is okay, but not great. Plus I did not really understand all the various ticket combinations. Thanks again!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taste of Amsterdam 2015

I guess it helps if I reply with the name of the person I am replying to. Sorry!

The first reply was for RonaldoC and I see that you have already discovered the problem I was having. Good point about the weather. Was trying to get as much done before we left as possible, and discovered I could buy tickets ahead of time. Not having been to this event before, in any city, I don't really know what to expect, but it does make sense that the information sessions would be in Dutch. I will just be happy to eat food! :-)

KK, thanks for the website link with more English! I see what you mean about it reverting back. And it does not offer as many choices in the drop down menu as the first site I visited (in Dutch). Looks like I will need to stick with the basic pass. At least till I arrive and maybe I can upgrade if something seems interesting.

brianc_li thanks for anything you can find on it. I will appreciate it!

I am very excited for our trip. This will be our first time in Amsterdam, but from what I have heard from friends and family, one visit will lead to another.... and another...

Thanks again!

Tonia

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
K K
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taste of Amsterdam 2015

Hello

Just to update you that apart from the Family option, most discounts showing on the Dutch language site were not applicable to you unless you had a coupon from one of those promos. In the English site, the only one applicable was showing.

What Brian may find for you will be a proper discount coupon which you can use.

10. Re: Taste of Amsterdam 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2016, 09:46