We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heating in April

South Africa
Level Contributor
199 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Heating in April

This may sound like a really dumb question but does anyone know whether shops. restaurants and hotels would still run their central heating in April? It is "spring" but temps still look quite cool and I need to know how to pack and dress.

Any advice or information greatly appreciated.

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heating in April

Shops and restaurants have a nasty habit of always turning on the heating. Even in the middle of summer you can encounter shops where the inside temp. Is almost equal to the outside temp. So temperatures in shops and restaurants won't be a problem.

Concerning clothing: layers are the key. Just wear different easy to remove layers so you can take them off and put them on easily.

South Africa
Level Contributor
199 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heating in April

Thank you so much that is exactly what I wanted to know.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Heating in April

I always have a thin scarf with me. Sometimes it can be cool if you sit by a window.

South Africa
Level Contributor
199 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heating in April

I believe in scarves too. Somehow the neck area is quite vulnerable to temperature changes. Thank you.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,848 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heating in April

Well April is only a few days away and the long term forecast (for what that is worth) is saying highs of only 8 to 11 degrees and lows close to freezing so I would pack some warm clothing and keep an eye on the forecast.

Heating will certainly still be on.

6. Re: Heating in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2016, 10:45