We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess Cruise drop off location

New York
Level Contributor
213 posts
333 reviews
Save Topic
Princess Cruise drop off location

Hello, I will be leaving Rotterdam to Amsterdam on a cruise excursion where they will drop us off for 4.5 hours. With such limited time, I am planning to visit Anne Frank's house and the Church in the attic. I have received directions between the two attractions from Ms. Cecile. Now I need to get a starting point from where the cruise line bus( not train) will disembark. In his way I can maximize my time and plan ahead. Thanks for the feedback, as I am awaiting to buy my tickets in advance for AF house but need to know if this doable in 4.5 hours. Sam.

Mentioned in this post
Rotterdam
Rotterdam
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
NL
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Princess Cruise drop off location

Best place to find out to phone Princess to be sure or post this again on the cruise forum. In the past HAL used Museumplein, but of course Princess might do it different.

Edited: 13 February 2015, 00:05
New York
Level Contributor
213 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Princess Cruise drop off location

Thanks, if it is the place that you mentioned, is it within reasonable distance from my two planned attractions?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
60,626 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Princess Cruise drop off location

Well not far by tram, for Lord in the Attic take line 2 or 5 from corner of Hobbemastraat and Baerlestraat which is a few minutes from most Museumplein stops. It is about 10 minutes walk from Nieuwezijds Kolk stop; www.9292.nl/en will give the door to door routes. AFH has no direct GVB connection to Museumplein area, best is first line 3 or 12 to Kinkerstraat and then tram 17 to Westermarkt stop. In this case best to buy GVB day card from the conductor of the tram, cheaper than 3 single rides.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
GVB
GVB
2,597 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,185 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Princess Cruise drop off location

The best way to maximize your time is to take a taxi.

New York
Level Contributor
213 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Princess Cruise drop off location

Thanks E, sounds like it may be better to walk to the church and then get a cab to A/F house. I will only have 4.5 hours total to visit these 2 places and get back to my drop off site. I prefer not to spend my time running from bus to bus but pay a few more dollars and then have more time at the attractions. Sam.

New York
Level Contributor
213 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Princess Cruise drop off location

Yeah Ddavis, a cab sounds about right at this point. Thanks.

7. Re: Princess Cruise drop off location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2016, 11:47