We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message for Markrandom

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,422 posts
106 reviews
Message for Markrandom

Hi Mark,

Good to hear from you! I didn't get to meet for a drink in Amsterdam but maybe we can when you get to Auckland!!

I will be leaving Auckland though at the end o fteh year/beg of next to move to Hong Kong.

Email me on : jac_london@hotmail.com an dlet me know your dates for Auckland. Do you know where you will be staying here?

I am sure you will have a great trip!!

Level Contributor
917 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Message for Markrandom

Hi Hemi.

No wonder we didn't meet in Amsterdam, I was in bed by 6pm on Queens Day. I don't have the stamina anymore LOL!!! What did you get up to? Or is that classified?

We're flying in to Auckland on December 13th so we could meet you on this day if you're still around? We're considering Skycity or the Crowne Plaza at the moment. I just want to find a room with a great view for around £80. Can you recommend any places?

Auckland looks amazing; was thinking about using the tourist bus and checking out Kelly Tarlatans, The Museum then heading out to Rangitoto Island. Perhaps if we meet up you can show us around after we get all the tourist stuff out of the way? We only have 4 days in the North Island and really wish to experience as much of the culture as possible. I've noticed that Rotorua has a few Hangi's. Are these worth the visit? Which one is the best? I will spend my birthday there so I really want my day to be special; we're travelling up from Taupo - taking the Riverjet to the Orekei ... then heading to Agrodome afterwards for some zorb action... Can't wait!!!

Hong Kong is such a vibrant place - you're so lucky to be moving there. Which area will you be staying in?

We spent 5 days there in May... Stayed in TST overlooking Central. It was superb, although the weather was terrible. Couldn't go anywhere without an umbrella.

Lantau Peak offers great views however is a bit strenuous at 920M!!! We took the wrong trail and ended up climbing the mountain - 1/2 of the way up the clouds came in we were stranded, Zero visibility... not good. The view of the island is amazing though and when the sun came out again it made it all worthwhile.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

2. Re: Message for Markrandom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 18:45