We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap ways of getting to Amsterdam from Munich/Dusseldorf???

Cheap ways of getting to Amsterdam from Munich/Dusseldorf???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2017, 18:30
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap ways of getting to Amsterdam from Munich/Dusseldorf???

Book a ticket for the ICE three months in advance.

Munich: seat61.com/international-trains/trains-from-…

Dusseldorf: seat61.com/international-trains/trains-from-…

And bookmark seat61.com for train travel anywhere in the world!

Book through www.nsinternational.nl or www.bahn.de

There might be Eurolines buses too but they would take much more time.

Edited: 21 August 2014, 01:49
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap ways of getting to Amsterdam from Munich/Dusseldorf???

Oops, I now see that I misread the 'to' and 'from'. Most people write the starting point first, and then the destination. :-)

Anyway, on that seat61.com website, use the third drop-down menu to find info for the other way around.

Cecilia // Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

3. Re: Cheap ways of getting to Amsterdam from Munich/Dusseldorf???

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap ways of getting to Amsterdam from Munich/Dusseldorf???

go to www.bahn.com,, i few years ago i paid 39 euro for the night train to Amsterdam from MUnich,, tht was 2nd class seat little over 11 hrs i think

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,481 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap ways of getting to Amsterdam from Munich/Dusseldorf???

Munich and Dusseldorf are about 600KM apart.

6. Re: Cheap ways of getting to Amsterdam from Munich/Dusseldorf???

7. Re: Cheap ways of getting to Amsterdam from Munich/Dusseldorf???

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap ways of getting to Amsterdam from Munich/Dusseldorf???

Night trains tend to have a choice between seats and beds. For example seats in 2nd class, 1st class; a bed in a shared compartment, or a private compartment. Obviously going up in price with every option I named. Check that seat61.com site for all the info about the day trains, night trains, photos of the seats and sleeping compartments, sometimes even videos. (As I said the third drop-down menu is a handy tool to find your train info.)

In case of Dusseldorf - Amsterdam I doubt there even is a sleeper train as it's a ride of just over 2 hours. :-)

Edited: 21 August 2014, 02:57
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap ways of getting to Amsterdam from Munich/Dusseldorf???

[In case of Dusseldorf - Amsterdam I doubt there even is a sleeper train as it's a ride of just over 2 hours. :-)]

... or, you might be able to get onto the last part of the journey of a sleeper train that came from Switzerland and is on its way to Amsterdam, but I would not recommend paying extra for a bed for such a short journey.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,898 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap ways of getting to Amsterdam from Munich/Dusseldorf???

If you have a pass for Germany then the last stop in Germany for the ICE from Dusseldorf is at Oberhausen so you only need to get a ticket from there. will only save you 5 euros or so over the ticket from Dusseldorf.