We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pulitzer Canal Rooms

ny
Level Contributor
772 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Pulitzer Canal Rooms

When Pulitzer Hotel canal rooms are referred to as "noisy" what type of noise are people talking about? General city background noises or something more specific that would keep us from sleeping? Thanks so much.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,652 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pulitzer Canal Rooms

General city background noise. Keep in mind it is right on the Prinsengracht which is a major canal but I have never had trouble. I think the major charm of the Pulitzer is to have a canal room.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pulitzer Canal Rooms

I have stayed on the Prinsengracht many times and, yes you can experience some background noise, esp if you do not have double glazing, However, to me trhats just the charm of being by a beautifuo canal. I think it also depends on where people normally live and may not be used to city noise. I much prefer city noise to noise through a hotel wall for example.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
194 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pulitzer Canal Rooms

The canal rooms are great. The 'noise' they are referring to is minimal and just the occasional bar patrons returning home. It's a great place to stay!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pulitzer Canal Rooms

Well it is no longer the 'occasional bar patrons' but if the weather is good it is people in their boats making a racket, shouting and playing music. Deep into the night. The water and the tall houses make for loud acoustics too.

I used to sleep in a house along Singel canal frequently. With ear plugs.

But the canals are still a beautiful location to stay. But ear plugs could come in handy on a warm summer night.

ny
Level Contributor
772 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pulitzer Canal Rooms

Thanks everyone and I agree Hemikiwi, city noise is better than noise from inside the hotel. Cecile74, we are traveling during April, so hopefully it won't be too much of an issue.

6. Re: Pulitzer Canal Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 10:46