We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam to Berlin

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
77 reviews
Amsterdam to Berlin

So I am planning a ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam. Can anyone tell me is there a railway station at the Port of Amsterdam so I could then get a train to Berlin?

If so how long approx. does it take and is it a direct train to Berlin or would I have to change somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,087 posts
229 reviews
1. Re: Amsterdam to Berlin

Hi there,

Well that ferry drops you at Ymuiden. DFDS also offers a paid shuttle to Amsterdam and that indeed drops you off in front of Amsterdam Centraal station. Which has direct trains to Berlin, every 2 hours, taking around 6:30 hours. Alternative to the DFDS shuttle is first 10-15 mins walk to closest public bus stop and then bus and train to Amsterdam, slightly cheaper but a lot less convenient...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,545 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: Amsterdam to Berlin

Would it not be simpler to just fly to Berlin from Manchester, Liverpool or Edinburgh. OK so maybe you don't want to fly.

By the way the Port of Amsterdam & IJmuiden where the DFDS ferry docks are different places so don't get confused with that. There is also a cruise ship terminal in Amsterdam, the PTA.

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Amsterdam to Berlin

I do not like flying which is the reason I will be travelling by ferry and rail.

Thanks for the information - very helpful.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,545 posts
81 reviews
4. Re: Amsterdam to Berlin

Have you considered taking the sleeper train to London then Eurostar to Brussels and Thalys to Cologne then ICE to Berlin?

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
77 reviews
5. Re: Amsterdam to Berlin

RonaldoC - thanks for that suggestion it's given me something else to think about.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,423 posts
106 reviews
6. Re: Amsterdam to Berlin

Check www.seat61.com

Excellent website for all things trains!

seat61.com/international-trains/trains-from-…

Edited: 24 February 2014, 03:21
7. Re: Amsterdam to Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 11:46