We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3N in Amsterdam.....Suggestions sought

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
231 posts
2 reviews
3N in Amsterdam.....Suggestions sought

Friends,

We (Me, wife, 2 kids - 11 year & 6 year old) are planning Mumbai-Amsterdam-Germany-Italy tour in early May.

We would be arriving at Amsterdam around 12 noon and will be staying there for 3 Nights / 2.5 days. Request your help in following:

- Suggestions on a good Hotel (Accor group, preferably) which should be nearer to City Centre, Railway station (traveling to Frankfurt later) & main attractions.

- Places to visit in Amsterdam. Nothing specific. We're not that fond of museums etc but Castles, main Attractions etc are to be visited.

- Local transport in Amsterdam....Trains, buses, trams etc,....Suggestions for any local pass for 3 days ???

Thanks in advance ....

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: 3N in Amsterdam.....Suggestions sought

Hi,

Hotels: The Convent, Ibis Styles Amsterdam Station and Ibis Amsterdam Centre, all in the centre and close to Central Station. If you are looking for Accor Hotels only then I would pick the Convent.

Public Transport: Take a look at the TQ : tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-s303/Amsterda…

For things to do TQ as well: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-s409/Amsterda…

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
2. Re: 3N in Amsterdam.....Suggestions sought

3 days in Amsterdam: iamsterdam.com/en-GB/…72-hours

Amsterdam with kids: iamsterdam.com/en-GB/…families-and-children

Have fun,

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
231 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: 3N in Amsterdam.....Suggestions sought

Thank you all,

Have researched and gone thro' TA guide 3 days in Amsterdam. Jotted down places. It's just a running list of which I'll have to eliminate a few to fit into my 3N/ 2.5 days schedule in Amsterdam:

Keukenhof Garden / Farmers' Fields

Madurodam - Miniature of Holland, Hague

Windmill

The above 3 can be scheduled on Day-2 as a Day tour from Amsterdam

The following is the running list for Day-1 (half day....arriving around 12 noon) & Day-3 (full day)....few to be removed.....pls suggest if anything beautiful I've missed

Canal Cruise

Canals for Photography - Prinsengracht, Emperor's Canal (Keizersgracht), Herengracht Canal

Magere Brug - Bridge

Red Light District

Rijksmuseum

Anne Frank House and the Westerkerk bell tower

Van Goth Museum

The Jordaan

Rembrandtplein

Dam Square

Leiden Square

I think that out of Rijksmuseum, Ann Frank house, Van Goth Museum, we may need to remove one and decide on 1 or 2. Which ones?

Need suggestions/ help on how do we sequence it according to routes on Day-1 (post noon....half day) & Day-3 (full day)

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
4. Re: 3N in Amsterdam.....Suggestions sought

See the link I provided earlier for 3 days in Amsterdam.

I think you should pin all those places in Google maps and see which are close together.

Leidseplein (Leiden Square) is not a sight per se. Just a square with lots of bars, but you will find bars all over town anyway.

The same goes for Rembrandtplein (square).

No need for you to visit the 'Van Goth' museum if you don't even know who Van Gogh is and what he did.

Try not to plan too much.

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 04 February 2014, 13:14
5. Re: 3N in Amsterdam.....Suggestions sought

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Amsterdam