We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IDBUS vs Thalys

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
IDBUS vs Thalys

I was silly and booked my bus ticket really far ahead from Paris -Amsterdam for 35E. I just saw today that Thalys is selling fares for the same price (and it's half the travel time). Is there any way I could get my money back for the bus ticket? Also... in the case I can't, should i just buy another train ticket?

How much better is the train over the bus?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,931 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IDBUS vs Thalys

6.2 Tickets are non-reimbursable but exchangeable according to applicable exchange conditions. Deductions may be applicable, subject to the date of your exchange/annulment request. - See more at: …idbus.com/…sthash.7Z8QYyNF.dpuf

>>How much better is the train over the bus?<<

for me about 20 times but then I don't like traveling by bus. 3h30 against nearly 7hours says it all.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
9,288 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IDBUS vs Thalys

Snap up the Thalys train ticket, bin the bus ticket, and give thanks for having such a lucky narrow escape...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IDBUS vs Thalys

Thanks for the advice friends. I snapped up the fare for 35E. And I'm definitely happy about the narrow escape haha, the loss of 35E on the bus fare is worth the sacrifice. Getting up to get to Bercy Stn for 6:30am wasn't the most appealing. Very happy to grab the fare on Thalys, knowing that I'm headed to A-Dam during King's Day.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: IDBUS vs Thalys

Where did you see the Thalys fare for 35E. I'm going there last week of Feb and Thalys fares seem to be over 90E from Paris.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IDBUS vs Thalys

from my understanding - train fares in europe are like plane fares - the cheaper rates are first come first serve and go up as the cheaper seats get sold.

6. Re: IDBUS vs Thalys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 10:48