We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel

Florida
9 posts
Save Topic
hotel

I will be flying in on Friday and leaving on Saturday for my cruise , would it be best to stay at a hotel by the airport or stay near the Dam as we intend to do some sightseeing?

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel

Nothing to see near the airport and there are plenty of hotels around the Central Station, so I'd suggest you to look for one, like

the Victoria Hotel, or the Ibis if it has to be cheaper.

At www.booking.com you can select your date, then "show hotels near Centraal Station", and sort by distance and you will get the nearest hotels that have availibity. I think the Amstel Botel is nearest to the cruise terminal. Anyway ,you find maps, reviews, etc, very useful.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
61,946 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel

Hi there,

Airport is simply an urban desert, like so many airports. City has a lot more to see. Near Dam square are e.g. Krasnapolsky hotel and Renaissance hotel. Another option is the brand new Mövenpick hotel opposite the cruise terminal, it opens September. Saves you the last transfer from hotel to cruise, and has tram connections (tram 25) bringing you to Dam square in 3 stops and around 10 minutes.

All the best again,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

3. Re: hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 05:47