We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest 3-star Hotels to Central Train Station?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Closest 3-star Hotels to Central Train Station?

Hello, it's me again.

I must probably make my hotel reservation soon. My trip isn't until May 2014 but I know they will fill up very quickly.

Sadly, I am not a very map-oriented person and looking at a map VS. asking someone who'd actually been there are 2 very different things, so I hide my face once again, and attempt to ask this question.

I had narrowed down to Hotel Estherea (but heard it's not really that close a walk to the train station as they depict), and the NH City Center (same thing)?

Is the area near the Central Station as central, nice, vibrant and interesting? [And center of town.]

Thank you again. Please be patient with me. Thank you.

Edited: 25 November 2013, 22:00
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Closest 3-star Hotels to Central Train Station?

Please read the following article and what area of town to stay in. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-c156882/Amste… The Estherea is a 4 star hotel located along the canal. Is there a reason you want to stay close to CS?

And its pretty straight forward looking at a Google Maps to see where a hotel is in relation to the station.

Edited: 25 November 2013, 22:11
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,668 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Closest 3-star Hotels to Central Train Station?

Do you have mobility issue? Infirm in any way that would negate walking?

We are talking at most a 15-30 min walk from one place in the center to any other place in the center for the most part.

And not just a walk but a delightful interesting safe walk.

Why are you fixated on a 3 star? That indeed makes no sense. Why limit yourself?

The area around the train station would not be high on many of our lists that have experience with Amsterdam as far as a hotel. Many not all.

YMMV so around the train station may be perfect for you.

Edited: 25 November 2013, 22:21
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,668 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Closest 3-star Hotels to Central Train Station?

Here you go. A great suggestion. A very popular option. It does though give you something else to worry about :-)

Not a 3 star though. Good enough for me and a guy named Bill Clinton.

Hotel Brouwer

The chances they have an opening for May is slim but worth an email to see.

That or just take the Estherea as already suggested. It's a well reviewed highly suggested hotel. The NH City Center not so much.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Closest 3-star Hotels to Central Train Station?

"""Why are you fixated on a 3 star? That indeed makes no sense. Why limit yourself?"""

Why not a 3-star! ---- 4-star even, if i can! I can afford it. I travel for pleasure and I do not skimp on money. I like to stay in nice places, safe and comfortable neighborhood. I have no mobility issues. I walk 2 miles a day where I live. Just that I am coming by train and leaving by train. Just a little precaution knowing where I"m at.

But thank you to all, I appreciate your kindness.

Edited: 26 November 2013, 01:59
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,668 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Closest 3-star Hotels to Central Train Station?

If budget is not a significant issue then any number of 4 stars would be a better option or better hotel than the middle of the line City Center.

Why not the Esterera? Not a run of the mill hotel. Highly recommended here. Within your budget.

Cab, tram, or walk to your hotel from the train station. We are not talking far distances here.

While the area around the train station has it's supporters here many would find that area to be one of the least appealing for a hotel.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,894 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Closest 3-star Hotels to Central Train Station?

marriott.com/hotels/…

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

moevenpick-hotels.com/en/…

moevenpick-hotels.com/en/…

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Closest 3-star Hotels to Central Train Station?

I LOVE YOU ALL! Yes, I just booked with Estherea. I am sure I will not be sorry. Even my friend from Paris insisted I go there! I apologize if I sounded snooty earlier, I didn't mean it that way. What I meant is, if I did not have an money, then I would not travel at all. Thank you so much.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,894 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Closest 3-star Hotels to Central Train Station?

Just gave you some other Hotels near CS. However, think you will be much happier where you are. Have a great trip!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,668 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: Closest 3-star Hotels to Central Train Station?

Not snooty at all.

You made a great choice.

And what you will learn quickly is how close everything is.

Your worry about distance will seem silly after you have spent time in town.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,683 posts
10. Re: Closest 3-star Hotels to Central Train Station?

estherea...good choice