We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you think of "Nomads"?

Manhattan
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Topic
What do you think of "Nomads"?

It will be my husband's and my 10th anniversary while we are there in a couple of weeks and we've booked a dinner at a place called "Nomads" which looks funky and fun, but all I know about it is what I can tell from the website. Am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this place. Or where would you suggest to go for this occasion?

As ever, thanks in advance...

-VG

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you think of "Nomads"?

There are many reviews at a Dutch reviews site, www.iens.nl .you can select English. There's one review in English which you find when checking the box "only reviews in English". Most reviews found it a wonderful experience, only 1 or 2 who were disappointed ot found food bad but that's a few years ago.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do you think of "Nomads"?

not sure what type of place you are looking for, but personally I would not have my 10th anniversary at nomads - yes it is funky, but it is a bit worn on the edges and the food (although exotic) is not excellent.

Depending on how much you are happy to spend - consider the Dylan (it is expensive though and more formal)

Or for a more moderate price (although not cheap): the Blue Pepper - Indonesian cuisine has a special place in the Dutch kitchen. It is not really a stunning looking a restaurant but the food is wonderful

Special but quite formal: de Kas - fine dining in an converted greenhouse. Set menu with all local dutch produce

Never been there myself, but seems to be a wonderfully decorated place with good food: The College Hotel Restaurant

For a more moderate price again (although not cheap) consider the Belhamel. Not the most exotic of places – french cuisine. But if you can specify that you would like a table by the window which gives you a beautifully romantic view of Amsterdam’s canals

I would definitely recommend having a look at Iens: http://www.iens.nl/restaurantsVan/Amsterdam/

Hope this has helped instead of making the choice more complicated :)

3. Re: What do you think of "Nomads"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 17:49