We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you buy a weekend travel pass for amsterdam?

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Can you buy a weekend travel pass for amsterdam?

I am staying at amsterdam aiport for 2 days and planning on looking into the centre of amsterdam.

Is there any weekend pass between schipol and amsterdam central station or will I need to pay 3.90 each time I get on the train???

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Can you buy a weekend travel pass for amsterdam?

I'm afraid you will need to pay each time you get on the train. You can also take bus 197 which stops at the Leidseplein if you need to reach that side of town. Fare is about 4 euro, pay the driver directly and it leaves from just across the exit of the arrivals hall.

Edited: 04 November 2013, 17:17
2. Re: Can you buy a weekend travel pass for amsterdam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 02:15
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,537 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Can you buy a weekend travel pass for amsterdam?

Just noticed that on the Eglish GVB link posted by Mr O above it says " The card is valid in the train. " which it isn't. On the dutch site it says "De kaart is niet geldig in de trein."

I would send them a quick e-mail as this is confusing but can't seem to see contact details other than customer services. Maybe if someone has a Twitter account they can tweet them.

4. Re: Can you buy a weekend travel pass for amsterdam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 10:47