We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Munster on Thursday. A lil help

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
600 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Munster on Thursday. A lil help

So we leave Thursday morning for Munster. Can anyone help me clarify my itinerary for a smooth trip?

This is the info I have. Leaving from Central Station:

Amsterdam Centraal: 2 Seats in 2nd class; any compartment, window across from eachother

Depart: 9:01; Platform 10b (ok I get platform 10b)

IC 143 (Wg. 10, Sitze, 35, 36) (<--- what does this mean)

Arrive: 11:40, Platform 4 (do I get off the train and onto another from this stop?)

Rheine

Depart: 11:52, Platform 5 (new train?)

WFB90549

Arrive: 12:25, Platform 2

Munster (West) Hbf

(My apologies for my ignorance)

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,976 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Munster on Thursday. A lil help

1. >>>IC 143 (Wg. 10, Sitze, 35, 36) (<--- what does this mean)<<< the wagons and the seats are numbered. You have to look first for the wagon number (at the door) and then find your reservated seats;

2. you have to change the train at Rheine and switch from platform 4 to platform 5, perhaps just at the opposite side, not sure, but there are big signs with the platform numbers;

3. you will arrive in Münster at platform 2.

Happy travel and enjoy

patara01

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,976 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Munster on Thursday. A lil help

I have forgotten to mention that there are no seat reservations are available for regional trains (WFB = WestfalenBahn), so you have to chose free seats in the second train (Rheine) yourself.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
600 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Munster on Thursday. A lil help

Great help! Thanks!

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,976 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train to Munster on Thursday. A lil help

You´re welcome. And if you are staying there for longer, the weather forecast for the weekend is pretty good:-)!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
600 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train to Munster on Thursday. A lil help

Heading to Munich on Sat which looks great weather wise!

6. Re: Train to Munster on Thursday. A lil help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 14:50