We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute hotel for this weekend.... Can anyone help....!!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
5 reviews
Last minute hotel for this weekend.... Can anyone help....!!

Well ive just had my plans shifted around and so i have a free weekend from 13th to 15th of september.. So i thought i would get a cheap flight and head back to amsterdam once again for yet another visit... I have done this before at the last minute and always been able to get a twin room for myself and my wife but it seems this weekend i am out of luck.. I know amsterdams hotels sell out quickly but i just cant seem to find anything.. Can anyone help with any ideas of where to find a cheap room for two nights budget is around €100 to €150 per night or does anybody of any apartments for rent...Just out of interest is there some sort of event on in amsterdam this weekend which justifies why every affordable room is booked even the hostels are full any ideas or suggestions are welcome and most appreciated.. Urgency is required as i cant book the flights until i get something lined up and there only 9 seats left on the plane....

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
908 posts
203 reviews
1. Re: Last minute hotel for this weekend.... Can anyone help....!!

I believe it's IBC Conference on those dates which makes it almost impossible to get a room and if u do find one it can be very pricey 😕

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Last minute hotel for this weekend.... Can anyone help....!!

@tracy448 thanks for the info. I have just come across the same thing on the web.. It looks like im out of luck then unless anyone else can make any suggestions..

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,577 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Last minute hotel for this weekend.... Can anyone help....!!

Yep sorrry Shaun but IBC means no rooms for you or me. Even fleapits put their prices up horribly. You can try staying inn Haaelem, Leiden or Zaandam

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
117 reviews
4. Re: Last minute hotel for this weekend.... Can anyone help....!!

Perhaps consider Airbnb if you haven't already. There are a few places still available in your price range in the De Pijp neighborhood through Airbnb. Ron's advice seems best though.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Last minute hotel for this weekend.... Can anyone help....!!

Looks like i might have to give this weekend a miss...... :-(

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
908 posts
203 reviews
6. Re: Last minute hotel for this weekend.... Can anyone help....!!

That's too bad, I'm there right now and having a great time, but leaving on the 12th 😉,!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
7. Re: Last minute hotel for this weekend.... Can anyone help....!!

Yeah have you tried apartments through Airbnb?

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,912 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Last minute hotel for this weekend.... Can anyone help....!!

This place has vacancy in Alkmaar (you'll recognize the hotel name) for less than 200 euros for the two nights.

500 m from the train station with a 20-25 minute ride to the Amsterdam CS.

www.amrathhotels.nl/alkmaar/welcome-en.html

500 m from High Times Coffeeshop.

Deli Indonesian Restaurant is one of the highest rated Indonesian Restaurants in Holland - right off the main square where the cheese market is held every Friday morning.

Edited: 10 September 2013, 08:29
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
590 posts
33 reviews
9. Re: Last minute hotel for this weekend.... Can anyone help....!!

Have a look at Haarlem. Nice place in its own right but only about 15 mins by train to Amsterdam.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Last minute hotel for this weekend.... Can anyone help....!!

Thanks guys for your suggestions... I have now decided to book for 1st weekend in october .. I prefer staying in the centre of amsterdam so ill just have till then...