We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need some advises on transportation from Schipol airport

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
4 posts
I need some advises on transportation from Schipol airport

I'll be travelling with my parents to Amsterdam. We have 4 big luggage, 2 carry-on, and each of us has 1 hand bag. We'll arrive the airport quite late (around 10PM) and our hotel is on Leidsekade 88. Since there're 3 of us and we have quite a lot luggage, should we use

1. Bus 197 (which go to very near the hotel but I'm worried that it'll be very inconvenient because we have many bags)

2. Train to Centraal station and then tram

3. Schiphol Travel CombinedTaxi

4. NormalTaxi

Thank you in advance for all answers

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: I need some advises on transportation from Schipol airport

I imagine with all that stuff you will need a big taxi. Just out of curiosity, how long is your trip? We traveled for a year with one large bag and 2 carry ons and we had clothes for winter, summer and the in between seasons.

S

2. Re: I need some advises on transportation from Schipol airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2013, 16:35
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,595 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: I need some advises on transportation from Schipol airport

You will be OK with the bus. Lots of Schiphol workers seem to finish their shift around 10pm and the 197 bus can get very busy then but if your flight only arrives at 2200 then it will be nearly 2245 before you get outside. There is some space on the bus for bags but you might have to compete with others for it.

Given that the bus stops 50 from your hotel I don't think it is worth the extra to take a cab.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
4 posts
4. Re: I need some advises on transportation from Schipol airport

Thank you for your answer, Ronaldo. Is the bus busy until 10pm?

I actually arrive the airport at 8:30pm but I estimate that I'll be out from airport around 10pm because I need to rent a sim card and buy something at the airport.

If it's still busy until even after I get out. Should I use train to Amsterdam Centraal and tram ?

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
4 posts
5. Re: I need some advises on transportation from Schipol airport

To Suewynn, I'll be in Netherlands for a year :) I normally carry a lot but my friend brings only 2 luggage ;)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,595 posts
81 reviews
6. Re: I need some advises on transportation from Schipol airport

ICE like I said 10pm seems to be when there is a shift change at the airport. Most workers actually get off a the car park to pick up their vehicle so after that it is OK. I would just go outside and check it out. Otherwise take a train to CS and then a cab to the Leidsekade. Won't cost much more than taking the tram with three of you.

You can also take a train ti Amsterdam Lelylaan and then tram 1 to the Leidseplein.

7. Re: I need some advises on transportation from Schipol airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 11:49