We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam-Thursday nights

Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Amsterdam-Thursday nights

We are travelling over on 11th July for a one night stop over with work, there are 15 of us of varying ages who are having a night out.

I am aware that bars Amsterdam in the week tends to close at 1am but was wondering what clubs would would be accomodating to a party of our size that is open later. i have been before with a group of friends and remember from my time there that door staff can be a bit choosey, any advice would be welcome.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Martine of Martine's Table
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, French, Dutch, European
Sweet Bob Amsterdam
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Brazilian
Mount Everest Tandoori
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Indian, Asian, Nepalese
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam-Thursday nights

If you are fine with just going to a bar, go to any bar you like. For example one of the brown cafes such as Thijssen, 't Smalle, De Prins... but indeed they may close around 1 or 2am.

If you enjoy live (rock) music then Maloe Melo could be good, I've never seen trouble at the door of people not being allowed in. Watch your coats or keep them with you because many get stolen there. Otherwise a mellow place with all kinds of different people from young punks or students to old drunkards or music fans. maloemelo.nl/program-bestanden/programma.htm

Open until 3 am on a Thursday night (Friday morning).

Nightclubs will also be open later, such as Paradiso, Melkweg, Sugarfactory, Jimmy Woo, Supperclub, Trouw etc. See iamsterdam.com/en-GB/experience/what-to-do/w…

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 19 June 2013, 19:03
Mentioned in this post
Cafe De Prins
Cafe De Prins
468 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Paradiso
Paradiso
411 Reviews
Melkweg
Melkweg
258 Reviews
Sugarfactory
Sugarfactory
86 Reviews
Jimmy Woo
Jimmy Woo
70 Reviews
Supperclub Amsterdam
Supperclub Amsterdam
779 Reviews
2. Re: Amsterdam-Thursday nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 10:48