We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Searching for a designer souvenir that i saw in Amsterdam

Hamburg, Germany
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Searching for a designer souvenir that i saw in Amsterdam

Hallo dear communite,

for 2 days i was in that beautifull city.

In one little shop - i think it was on the street name "Heiligeweg" somewhere in the middle of it - it was ciggaret shop. I saw there stuffs like ceramic cups, little animal figures, wallets ect. The staffs was very colourfull and very expencive - little Teddy bear from ceramic about 6-7 cm costs 16 €, coffe cup costet about 15 €. On the lable stood "Pink". I asked the young man there what is that brand - he tolld that its dutch produktion and famous designer stuffs name "Britta" or something like that. Im trying to find in all over google - but i cant find anything from this designer. Maybe someone here knows what im talking about ?

I would be appreciate for your help.

Thank you

Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Searching for a designer souvenir that i saw in Amsterdam

Possibly you mean tobacco and souvenir shop Elbers-Naarden on Heiligeweg 33? They also have a store in the Leidsestraat.

It's not quite clear to me what exactly you are looking for - the names you mention are not famous designers, so maybe you've not memorized them correctly? What articles are you talking about, how did they look?

Hamburg, Germany
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Searching for a designer souvenir that i saw in Amsterdam

Hallo,

thank you for your andswer. Yes i think it is this tobaco shop - i found it in google, but they dont have theirs own page.

Its difficult to describe - it was many different stuffs, from one style - like ceramic cups, things for sugar, lether wallets, and this little animal figures - it all looks in the same style - it stays there behind the glas and its locked, not like another things that stood there just on the shelfs - so to touch this figurs i had to ask the young man there to open this glass shelf. This stuffs are VERY multicoloured - very bright! They all have paper labels and there stood "Pink". This little animal figures are not "empty" inside but full - like from piece of stone or ceramic. I asked why they are so expencive - and the answer was because it is designer stuffs, dutch designer..

Its all what i know :(

maybe someone will recognise over my description what i mean...

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Searching for a designer souvenir that i saw in Amsterdam

why don't you call the shop?

4. Re: Searching for a designer souvenir that i saw in Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 10:46