We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel For Female Travelling Alone?

Manchester
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel For Female Travelling Alone?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone was able to tell me whether they have stayed at either Hotel Zandbergen or NL Hotel District Leidseplein? I am a female who will be travelling alone as I have an expo at the RAI conference centre and so I need public transport to be as close to the hotel as possible so I am not wandering around aimlessly by myself.

I know both are over a mile away from the conference centre but the ones close by are way too expensive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Anna

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,823 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel For Female Travelling Alone?

I haven't stayed in either of them but have you checked the reviews?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g188590-d6104…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g188590-d2375…

Of the two the NL will be a bit easier to use to get to/from Rai but neither is very far from the other. The area around the hotel is teeming wityh restaurants and bars. On the other hand, the Zandbergen has the advantage of being in a quieter area. Longer walk to transport & restaurants but you'll probably get a better nights sleep.

In the end it is your call.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel For Female Travelling Alone?

I doubt you will find any regular posters who have stayed at either hotels. But the reviews seem to be decent and the Hotel Zandbergen is in a quieter location. A few hotels that are closer to the RAI but still easy accessible to get into town are Hotel Flipper, Hotel Victorie or Easy Hotel.

Edited: 28 May 2013, 18:16
Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,823 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel For Female Travelling Alone?

Balou - Easier from the Zandbergen? I can't see that.

From Leidseplein is a straightforward tram 10/4 combination. From the Zandbergen you have to combine tram 5 with Metro 51. Similar journey times I will grant (certainly according to 9292.nl) but the tram journey is surely much easier.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotel For Female Travelling Alone?

Thought about that after I posted, edited now.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,864 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hotel For Female Travelling Alone?

Try the Citizen M Amsterdam (not the one at the airport) just one stop on the train/Metro from the Rai. the Q-bic is also at Zuid station. Hotel Atlantis is only a few minutes from tram 4. If you can afford it the Notting Hill is really nice.

Cheaper try the Aalborg Hotel or the Flipper. Even staying near the Rembrantplein say at the Eden Hampshire, would be ok as tram 4 passes there. Or at the HIE Soterdijk where you can get the Metro.

What about a B&B? thehouseoffiner.com/the_house_of_finer/welco… is just across the road from the Rai but there are lots more around.

Plenty of options.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Hotel For Female Travelling Alone?

I know nothing about which trams go to RAI, but you mentioned Leidseplein.. We have stayed at Hotel Hestia since 2004. Not fancy but clean and comfortable, and on a quiet street between Leidseplein and Vondelpark. Last visit we used bus 197 from Schipol to Leidseplein and then a short walk to the hotel.

7. Re: Which Hotel For Female Travelling Alone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 10:49