We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay lodging in Amsterdam

Denton, Texas
2 posts
Gay lodging in Amsterdam

I will be visiting Amsterdam in late September. I would appreciate any recommendations for gay accommodation there.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Gay lodging in Amsterdam

Stable Master Hotel is reported to be a gay place , but Im sure there are many more.

vdv
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Gay lodging in Amsterdam

During one of my trips to Amsterdam, my gay friend chose to stay at the Orfeu Hotel (near Leidesplein.) I met him over there one afternoon (I stayed at the Ambassade Hotel) and the staff at the Orfeu gave him many good recommendations of gay venues to check out.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,425 posts
106 reviews
3. Re: Gay lodging in Amsterdam

In my experience, most gay accommodationin Amsterdam will be a major letdown. Amsterdam is such that Gay accommodation is not really necessary unless you definately want it to be so. Apart from i think the Amistad..skippy's favourite....most others seen to have not terribly good reviews.

Look on www.gayamsterdam.com for a full list if you really feel the need to stay in ONLY a gay hotel.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
356 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: Gay lodging in Amsterdam

Yes, I would definately recommend the Amistad. My partner and I have stayed there for several years now (both at the hotel and at a couple of their apts). Many of our friends and even straight family and friends have stayed there. It is in a great location: just off the Leidsestraat, a few blocks from the Leidseplien. The staff have always been very helpful. Us along with everyone from the hotel were invited to their New Year's eve party at their house. The hotel is small: only 10 rooms and I think only 5 of those have private bath/toilet. Their website is amistad.nl. You can contact me directly if you want: skippy61us@yahoo.com.

Sept, by my recconning, is a pretty good time to be there. Probably a little cool (or even cold by Texas Sept standards).

steve

5. Re: Gay lodging in Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 05:46