We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train for day trip to Brussels?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
54 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Train for day trip to Brussels?

My husband and I are thinking about taking the train to Brussels from Amsterdam for the day. Is there a certain website we can look at that has the cheapest rates? We looked at the Thalys website but the prices seemed expensive.

Does anyone know of a better train/website?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
54 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train for day trip to Brussels?

So I just searched and found the answer to my questions. So nevermind. However, I also saw that many people discouraged going to Brussels. So if we were to take a day trip from Amsterdam, where would be the best spot?

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,641 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train for day trip to Brussels?

Let people know what you like and what you are looking for to get valuable help.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,453 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train for day trip to Brussels?

For me, Belgium is too far for a day trip. There are many neat little towns closer to Amsterdam. Utrecht, Leiden, Delft, Enkhuisen to name a few,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
54 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train for day trip to Brussels?

Sorry I guess I should have elaborated a bit. I certainly don't want to go to Brussels if there isn't much to see. I want to make it worth while! My husband likes going to places with more history and landmarks where as I'm fine sitting down with a glass of wine and chatting with the locals. I'm more of a foodie, wine lover, and people person if that makes any sense.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
4,540 posts
1,045 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train for day trip to Brussels?

Pala 32 offers good advice - there are many places to visit in The Netherlands rather than going to Brussels

6. Re: Train for day trip to Brussels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 09:47